GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Alpine Barn in Winter
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8" x 10"
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This monochomatic work is semi-representative of my current small size pieces. All comments are welcome.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Besides any technical aspects, I'd like to ask:

1) Being monocromatic, does it feel more like a black and white photograph, or fine art?

2) Is it "unique", therefore somehow marketable?

gaensanger
11-27-2006, 02:22 PM
This one is very well done. For me, that's (very) fine art. The contrasts in the painting are so good, especially the light on the mountians. I am sure you will find somebody, who will buy this one!

Hope to see more from you!

whizzysha
11-27-2006, 04:43 PM
ooow intake of breath with this one!!!!!:clap:
stunning.

Dana Design
11-27-2006, 07:33 PM
This is fine art. Very nice.

My only crit would be that the fence posts on the far right draw too much attention. Softening those would bring the eye back to the barn, your main focus.

Eduardo Flores
11-28-2006, 09:16 AM
This is fine art. Very nice.
...the fence posts on the far right draw too much attention. Softening those would bring the eye back to the barn, your main focus.
I totally agree with this opinion about the quality of this painting.
Softening or eliminating the fence posts, yes, but something should be done for maintaining the visual balance with the left side.

Eduardo

soniarumzi
11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
First off, thank you everyone for your thoughts, and *especially* to Alfred. Within 30 minutes of seeing your reply, a patron sent email, buying this painting; my first!!! As for the composition, now that I look at it "differently", I agree. There was something that could have been done to keep the eyes more centered. This has been a *great* first experience on the message boards. Blessings, -sonia