PDA

View Full Version : Computer colored Elephant

Diana Lee
11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
I wanted to show an elephant I did on scratchboard and then colored on the computer. I scanned the elephant into the computer at 300 dpi. I had to do this in sections as the original was on an 18 x 24 piece of essdee. I assembled the sections and then used transparent layers to color the piece as well as inventing a body and a background. I have included a detail so you can see that the under layer of scratches is still there to give the elephant hide texture. I used Paint Shop Pro as that is the only program I have. There may be easier programs out there.

Diana

TrickyV
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Diana.... ooooo Diana, evrytime I see it I think of Paul Anka !! The elephant is fabulous . The simplicity and composition are great !! My hat's off to you , if I had a hat... The ears ? are they stippled or painted ?? I have some elephant pictures I took in Prague last year...some day.....Anyhow thank you for a great picture.....Victor :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Bertoni
11-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Diana::thumbsup: Wish I could work a Paint Shop program like that!! WTG

Obedec
11-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm speechless...this is fantastic.
Karen

Dave Slaughter
11-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Diana Lee
11-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Compliments feel so much better coming from other artists. Thank you.

Victor... I like the control I get from crosshatching and I like the look of it. I almost always use crosshatching. I will include a detail of a portion of the ear so you can see the texture under the transparent color. I do sometimes change things like a fold in the ear or a wrinkle with a not so transparent layer of color, but for the most part I stay with the original piece.

Diana