PDA

View Full Version : Contract?

Vasilena
04-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Hi
Today I recieved a contract offer from agency in the UK.
I want to ask if anybody has signed such contract and what does it mean - will I have more work having an agent?
Here are some points from the contract...:
1) FFFFFF will be the exclusive syndication agents for your illustrations in
as from 15th April 2002.

2) The agreed commission rate will be 60%/40% in your favour, i.e. FFFFFF will pay to you 60% of all sales monies received. Commission due will be paid to you the month following receipt by FFFFFF.

5) Each month a sales statement will be sent to you detailing sales. Upon receipt,
you will issue FFFFFF with an invoice.

6) All costs of copying & postage will be paid for by FFFFFF from their
commission.

7) The copyright of all illustrations will remain with -------.

6) This agreement can be terminated at any time by either party but 3 months
notice in writing must be given on either side.

Does this sound good?

http://graphart.2ya.com

Thanks!

berkking
04-04-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Vasilena

Does this sound good?

No

There is a lack of detail to truly examine it but on the basis of what is here its incompletness would be scary.

How do they intend to market your work? If they are just a Web site then you would be giving them 40% for what? What is their rationale for the 60/40 'split'?

Did this contract arrive unsolicited?

Exclusive? What happens if they don't market and sell any work? You will have to go elsewhere for a rep. From the artists standpoint exclusive is a no-no unless you are established and have regular sales. Who are on their client list?

What happens when your invoice is 'lost' in the post? Who sets the price for a piece? How many reproductions or prints will be made? How can this be verified?

More info. will be required to assertain the validity of this company. Are they reputable? Do they have a track record?

Etc, etc, etc!

Nik