PDA

View Full Version : Warning for E-Sellers

CarlyHardy
04-02-2002, 03:01 PM
If you received or have received an email from "what looked and sounded like ebay" asking you to re-enter any personal information...like credit cards #'s, bank account #'s, name, personal address, phone #'s....etc....

Please do not answer it....instead notify ebay thru Safe Harbor. This could also happen if you sell at Yahoo. Do not answer it. Contact your auction site so they will know that you were targeted for this e-scam.

If you'd like more info on this problem, log in and check out the messages at Safe Harbor message board.

Please remember....ebay does not ask you for information thru email!
Neither will Yahoo! I understand this email "looked" authentic and the links led to a form set up on a site that "looked" authentic. Many gave out their bank account and credit card #'s without realizing it was fraud....so please beware!
carly

CathyD
04-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Thank you Carly, I really appreciate the information, as I don't check the ebay boards on a regular basis. I guess I better!
Cathy

timelady
04-03-2002, 03:45 AM
thanks Carly! It's worth repeating, none of the sites as far as I know (Billpoint, eBay, PayPal) will ask you for any personal details or password in an email.

Tina.

Laura Tasheiko
04-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Thank you, Carly, for the warning - will keep an eye out for it. I don't usually check message boards either, but will start. Best, L.

Roni Anderson
04-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up!:)