PDA

View Full Version : Wheelbarrow

Inkling
04-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Finished this one last night. It is 5 X 7 micron pen on bristol. Any comments or critique?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2002/wheelbarrow1.JPG

gnu
04-01-2002, 11:09 PM
Inkling what a cool name!!
This is superb, one wouldn't easily tire of looking at it. The detail in the bush must've taken forever... I wouldn't have the patience for this yet!!! You ought to be very proud of it:clap: :clap:

sassybird
04-02-2002, 05:41 AM
The pointilism on the wheelbarrow and below the bush is very well done. The textures throughout the whole piece keep the eye roving in a pleasant manner. A everyday subject well rendered. Good job!

artdude
04-02-2002, 09:41 AM
EXCELLENT stippling work Inkling!! I like the way you have the line work for the wood of the side of the building and stippled the rest of the piece. Two very distinct textures. The values in this are very well done. Thanks for posting this. Makes me want to start another stippling piece myself :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NorahT
04-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Beautiful - excellent pen work. In spite of the simple subject there is a lot going on :)

dolors
04-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Fantastic drawing Inkling. It is a great work.
I've never tried sttipling, I suppose it is puntillism. I would like to try. Did it take much time? Is it possible to sttiple with traditional nibs?

RuthT
04-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Can't make up my mind which I like best, the wheelbarrow or the bush. Both are FABULOUS!

Good work Inkling.

kitaye
04-03-2002, 12:33 AM
Excellent. I admire people who have the patience for stipple work. I've done tiny things in stipple but I would never attempt something this big and complicated.

Inkling
04-04-2002, 01:31 AM
Thankyou all so much for your kind comments. :)

Dolors-- this took me around 12 hours to do. Stippling is very easy to do. I have never tried it with a nib, but according to a book I have (landscape in pen and wash by Paulette Fedarb) a fine or medium nib can be used. :)

Donna

Surfinia
04-05-2002, 08:12 AM
Beautiful work - and excellent detail. My eye was immediately drawn to the wheel of the wheelbarrow and the shadow under the bush - it would be fun to have a little critter peeking out from under there :)

I agree that the contrast between the straight lines of the fence and grass and the stipling of the rest of the drawing is excellent. I wouldn't have thought of combining techniques 'cause I have a one-track-mind (must remember this for future).

Enjoyed viewing your drawing very much.