PDA

View Full Version : Monica and Tatum

Diana Lee
11-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Victor, here is the piece I mentioned. This is my daughter Monica and our sweet dog Tatum. This is very old. My daughter is now 30 and has a daughter this age. Tatum was such a good dog. This is a 14 X 17 on black Essdee scraperboard.

Diana

Bertoni
11-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Diana:
I like this a lot! It's done with a lot of love and feeling!! Nice work!!

TrickyV
11-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Diana....Oh Diana..I think it's wonderful. The love realy shines through. The parallel of recognition we have of this type of picture is amazing. Did you see the picture I did of my daughter and her teddy bear ? Same idea ...It is incredable how an inanimate object can bring out such love and devotion let alone a live one ! Incidently my son with the pooch is 60 ! G-- now I do feel old. I will be posting the color version of the Sheppard very soon but I have had a terrible problem with it. Color and me do not go well together. So I will print one copy hand colored and one copy I used the computer . Is that cheating ? Anyhow I feel it may be a blessing as an idea poped into my head.....Use a large board with the dogs head in the center and some of his baby picture around the main ahead...and I have some of the cutest of his baby pics. .....Nice talkin to you.....Victor:) :) :wave:

Diana Lee
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Ignore this post.

Diana Lee
11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys. Victor I found your daughter with her teddy bear. What a touching picture. You did a great job and I do see the similarities. Your son is 60? Judging from your photo you must have become a father when you were 5.

Using the computer is NOT cheating. It is just another tool. I really don't think there is cheating in art. Whatever works to get what you want is ok.

Diana

Mary Woodul
11-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Diana, this is so beautiful, I can't believe the softness of the dogs fur and her hair.

Rosie_Posie
11-18-2006, 04:12 PM
wow... I just LOVE this! Amazingly soft and gentle.

Garbonzo
12-03-2006, 04:47 PM
That is a really amazing piece of artwork Diana.

Diana Lee
12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank you, I love the support you get on this site. I haven't been able to post any new work because I make most of my Xmas gifts and with 6 grandchildren now I am busy, busy. I just finished a painting for my son of his two kids in a strawberry field, and I am knitting my fingers to the bone. (In truth I absolutely love Xmas and making my gifts).

Diana

Trilby
12-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Diana your work is always a delight to see, and this of your young da. and pup is a particular delight.
TJ

JDuckett
12-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Very Nice! I love your scratchboards.