PDA

View Full Version : Web site overhaul - C&CS

MChesleyJohnson
11-14-2006, 12:55 PM
I've taken my web site through an overhaul. If you've got time and don't mind, I'd like to have you kick the tires, look under the hood, etc. Feedback and peer reviews appreciated!

http://www.MichaelChesleyJohnson.com

Mary Brigid
11-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Congratulations on both your site and your work Micheal.
Just one thing that I think could be improved. On your front page you only have 2 of your paintings showing. Under the painting on the right you have just written The American Southwest. I thought that was the name of the painting and did not realize untill after I went around your site looking for more paintings that you could click on this to see a fantastic slide show of paintings. I missed seeing .....and more .....under the first painting. You must remember that there are ditsy people like me out there looking at the web. Some people don't take time to look Micheal so perhaps if you had a banner over that painting with the instruction it would be better.
Mary Brigid

Nancy Leone
11-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi Michael,
I just breezed through your website quickly, looks great!
Just the one line on the home page:
"Michael Chesley Johnson, PSA, is an award-winning painter oil and pastel painter"
reads a little funny.

Kathryn Wilson
11-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Wow, Michael, I loved reading all through the web site. I especially enjoyed your demos - need to go back again and again.

The only thing I found that might be a glitch is in the SW painting gallery - the very first painting does not have a title.

Congrats on the new site!

Jo Castillo
11-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Michael,
Very nice, easy to navigate, and read! Looks like the little glitches have been pointed out.

Good job.

Jo

MChesleyJohnson
11-15-2006, 06:24 AM
And that's why writers need proof-readers! Thanks for catching the error, Nancy and Kat!

Good point, Mary. I'll take care of that. I always need to think of this.

fortysomething
11-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Your new design was really easy for me to navigate. I like that you have more than just artwork on it. It's "content rich" and offers visitors an opportunity to learn more about the work itself. Love the demos! Large images loaded quickly.

MChesleyJohnson
11-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Merci!

Mary Brigid
11-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Michael what you have done now is perfect. Everything is much clearer. Congratulations and I wish you every success with your "New Look" site
Mary Brigid

Bringer
11-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Michael,

I will confess that I did not make an exaustive look as to look for possible errors.
I found your site to be very complete and yet simple and fast to navigate (we use the word navigate the web, here in portugal).
It's quite professional and transmits confidence to the potential buyer, which I think it's a very important aspect for you.

Best regards,

Josť

MChesleyJohnson
11-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Whew. I can rest now. Or maybe go paint!