PDA

View Full Version : "Charlie" My Son's German Shepherd (Scratchboard)

TrickyV
11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
He was 5 months old this summer ( the dog) when I photographed him. He is so beautiful with a personality to match. So I decided then and there to do a drawing of him. Charlie is a pure bred so my son decided to take him to the training school..as a matter of fact ..they would not sell him unless he was trained. So away the two of them go to school...Charlie did very well but my son said they worked him like a dog !! To make a long epistle short here is Charlie in B&W for now and later to be colored. Victor :D :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Nov-2006/62776-Charlie__BW_Print_exposure_resize.jpg

Diana Lee
11-14-2006, 12:08 PM
What a sweetie. How old is your son? Shepards are such good family dogs. Years ago I had a Shepard Collie mix. I did a scratchboard of her and I will try to find an image I can post. I am very eager to see this in color. Will it be a WIP?

Diana

WaitingforJesus
11-14-2006, 05:23 PM
This is great! You have done a great job!
Shepards are so cute when they are that age. All ears and legs!!
But wonderful loyal dogs.

Kay

Obedec
11-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Cool, great tongue, perfect expression...another great one Victor.
Karen

Bertoni
11-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Victor:
Terrific work on this one!!! :thumbsup: Was it done on Claybord?

TrickyV
11-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Diana....I posted answer under "Monica & Tatum". I have finished the ccoloring but almost afraid to show it !! Victor :o :eek: :(
"Oh Good Grief Charlie Brown !"
Kay....Thank you and I agree they are leggie but so cute.:wave:
Karen....Thank you so much. I always soak up those kind of words.
Bertoni....Thank you kind sir and yes it has been done on ampersand clayboard smooth black. Sorry that I did'nt mention it before. Thanks for keeping me strait. :D :wave:

TrickyV
11-17-2006, 02:59 PM
OK folks put on your dark glasses. I am posting 2 pictures, #1 colored by hand, #2 colored by computer......Victor

#1 http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Nov-2006/62776-Charlie__Hand_colored_resize.jpg

#2 http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Nov-2006/62776-Charlie__Colored.jpg

Now, I have started a new project.. I have taken another picture of Charlie and put him in the center of a 16" x 18" clayboard with 4 smaller pictures of him at various baby stages. Now this one I will be posting a full WIP that I've not done before. It will also be colored. And if there are any recommendations Please feel free to let me know !! I have already started and taking pictures along the way so as not to miss any parts. Victor :wave:

Obedec
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I love #1, it has more depth, and/or basically, it looks like real fur and seems to have more dimension to it....beautiful! I can't wait to see the next one.
Karen

Diana Lee
11-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I agree with Karen, I like the first one better. However, I must say they are both fun pieces. How do you color on the computer and what program do you use? When I color with the computer I use transparent layers and lay them on top of the scanned piece.

Also I want to ask if you scan in your work or work from a digital photo you have taken and downloaded into the computer?

Diana

TrickyV
11-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Karen....My sweety is so happy as all are agreeing with her on #1. I too have been pulled towards it. Thank you. :wave: :wave:
Diana....Most of the time I use Adobe Photoshop Element 4. And sometimes I use ACDSee 6. I try to Digital Photograph the work and download into the computer but then at times with the black scratchboard it is quite difficult to take the photo. There tend to be hot spots then I have to go through a difficult process to blacken the complete background all the same blackness with the computer . One way of taking the photo is to set the camera ISO (film speed) to the highest (mine is 1800) then take the pic with only ambient light, seems to work best. Hope it works for you,,,,Victor
:thumbsup: :wave: :wave:

Bertoni
11-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Victor:
The work on #1 is absolutely terrific!! WOW!:clap: :clap: WTG :thumbsup: