PDA

View Full Version : Angel Search and Rescue Dog

Obedec
11-10-2006, 11:07 PM
At the show I did this last weekend, the Fire department always gets a booth. For the first time, they had a Search and Rescue Dog there. SAR dogs always touch me very deeply (it was something I wanted to but could not). Anyway, I always do Service Dogs for free, it's my way of saying thank you. But, I do regret that she will not be staying with me. I love this picture. Angel is a Golden Retriever/Labrador Cross, but I think some Chessie got in there too...she's very dark red and very, very curly.
Karen
Soggy Waldport, Oregon
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Nov-2006/48983-Angel__SAR_Dog.jpg

2bears
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
The spirit you captured is so moving! SAR dogs are a very special gift from heaven, not all dogs have the right mix of talents to make them "good" enough for training.

Thank you for sharing and reminding us of the special work these dogs do for us

Obedec
11-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Thank you! I do hope word gets around...I'm going to have prints made and give the SAR team wide open permission to do what they would like in order to enourage more to get out there.
Best,
Karen

Bertoni
11-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Karen:
Your work on this Golden Retriever is absolutely stellar in every way!:thumbsup: Love it!
Seeing it makes me love scratchboard art even more!!:clap:

brushandknife
11-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Karen, this is just beautiful. What a lovely spirit she shows. :thumbsup: And what beautiful work. I have one question/comment- she looks "dressed" to me, so why the little "butt"? :confused: May be you're telling us we'll experience "naked emotion"!!! :lol:
Carol

Obedec
11-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Thank you Bert!
Carol, I don't understand your question...However, I did decide I'll just have to draw another to give them and keep this one. She did have a full vest on with a very large collar.
Karen

Obedec
11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Anyone know how to get the "butt" off?
Karen

lisilk
11-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Anyone know how to get the "butt" off?
Karen

I sent a note to the mods. Should be off soon. In the future if you need help changing something important , just hit that little red triangle with the black line on the right ( in the blue bar of each response.) That's the "report this thread" alert for the mods or just p.m. a mod.

Wonderful scratch! Such action and spirit. Well done!:thumbsup:

Obedec
11-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks! I'd never noticed it before...sheesh. And thanks for the compliment.
Karen

Dave Slaughter
11-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Really nice work on the fur and you caught a great expression on the dog.

Diana Lee
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
This dog is beautiful. You have movement, one of the most difficult things to do. Many times I have had people interested in a piece I have done but I couldn't part with it so I made duplicate to sell. In my case I could duplicate it and even sometimes improve it technically, but the original had a magic I could never duplicate. That is why I keep the original.

Diana

Rosie_Posie
11-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I know this look! Very lifelike and I love the detail! Great job.
Andrea