PDA

View Full Version : My "contribution"

brushandknife
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Since I was such a "bad" girl and didn't think to tell you to put the needle in a holder (dowel), maybe I can "make amends". I found a very large deviled egg holder with a lid (all plastic, clear) at one of those $-type stores, I think it cost me $2.00- I've been mixing my inks in that. It has alot of "egg cups" and a large area in the center which works to dip out small amounts and mix on. I can put it on a white paper to see my colors somewhat, I put some water in several of the cups, both for diluting and to keep moisture in when I have to leave. It has held overnight for me. I haven't done enough to see how long it will hold, I don't think it would hold too long before drying but at least it gives me a bit more time. And the really nice surprise is that when they did dry it washed out like a breeze!
Carol :wave:

Obedec
11-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Ohhhh, what a neat idea!
Karen

Bertoni
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Carol:
Excellent idea! I have one of those egg holders I used in my watercolor days!
...and those needles work wonders!:clap: :clap:

brushandknife
11-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Soooo.... can I come out of the doghouse now? :D Glad you liked my idea. I had originally gotten it for wc too, but didn't like it for that as much. This is working well, so one just never knows. :)
Carol :wave: