PDA

View Full Version : Tempera: Taylorsville Blacksmith

JeffG
11-07-2006, 07:27 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2006/1883-et_TvilleBlacksmith_500.jpg

The blacksmith shop in Taylorsville (Washington Crossing) PA. One of my favorite haunts, especially in winter. It's 11x14", made just in time for a small works holiday show in a gallery in the village.

pinkrybns
11-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Just beautiful!!! I can almost hear the crunch of that clean snow ... great work on the sunlight on the wall of the house/shop.
Much success with your holiday show.

~Judy

LJW
11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
I think your tempera paintings are fabulous. I watch out for them, here now that this forum has been created, but elsewhere previously. This is such a peaceful winter scene - it makes me remember that winter can be a beautiful season as opposed to the cold, dull one which I have been envisioning. Thanks for that. Good luck with your holiday show - I'm sure, with the quality of work you do, it will be a great success. Jane

Sonia
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
That snow looks so real I could scoop up a couple of handfuls and start a snowball fight! Best get dressed up warm though, it looks really cold out there.

JanB
11-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Jeff this is a beauty!! Not only is the tempera masterfully handled but the composition is really pleasing. I'm sure it will be the star of the show!

artbyjune
11-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Absolutely gorgeous.

JeffG
11-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Thank you all very much.

I'm pretty fortunate in that three things have come together for me: 1) I am really fond of winter, 2) I seem to have developed a knack for doing snow, and 3) snow scenes are very popular where I live.

I'm a studio painter, but it does get bitter cold going out there for source material, so its usually just quick sketches and photos. It can be especially cold at daybreak, which is my favorite time to go.

osidianrose
11-17-2006, 10:51 PM
I like the composition of this painting, such as how the prints in the snow lead to the house that is pushed back behind trees.

wkmoore
12-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow! Your mastery is evident. You have inspired me - thx!

lightfast
12-16-2006, 03:37 PM
at first sight i mistook the painting for a reference photo! closer examination reveals interesting details, like the footprints on snow. well done.

Becky-Bob
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
I know I've come across your paintings in other forums, but I don't remember which. This truly is amazing!! Such realism, could be a photo. Love the snow, and all the interest there. :)

Asher
12-17-2006, 12:05 AM
This is a beautifully serene painting, Jeff. It really conveys that special bone chilling feel of an early winter's morning.

I looked at the other egg tempera work on your website and they're all marvelous. You've inspired me to keep on with learning how to use egg tempera.

Sanford

Paulafv
12-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Jeff,

This is lovely, especially the hint of sun on the snow. I remember another house you posted to the watercolor site which was also outstanding. You have this nailed.

Merry Christmas.

Paula

meglyman
12-18-2006, 08:42 AM
You certainly do have a knack for snow! I know how difficult it can be to paint, and you do it so well. I especially like the snow on the roof and how it reflects the sky. Great work!

Jacquali
05-08-2013, 04:48 AM
Hello jeffG,
Hey, this is real image... I am so confuse... someone is saying painting or picture... but very nice... :clap:I don't have word to say about on this picture... what's clarity of this image... Awesome picture. :thumbsup: