PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Obedec
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
I did a two day show at a very posh Arts and Crafts show. I started this one today and am so pleased with it that I will probably not add any color. I did sell a lot of cards and prints and picked up four paying commissions and one free commission. (I always do service dogs for free, and there was a Search and Rescue Dog there...Angel will have a portrait posted soon). I had taken the reference photo for this one at another show (where I sold nothing). I'm tickled because several people recognized the breed because they've seen a very nice gentleman named Jim around town with his dog...yep, wait 'till Jim hears that there was an artist doing a portrait of his dog just down the street from where he lives. I get tickled every time I think of it.:lol:
Karen H
Waldport, ORhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/48983-Cavalier_King_Charles_Spaniel.jpg

Bertoni
11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Karen:
King Charles is looking quite the Cavalier here!! :clap: Love the way you work that fur!!!:clap: Congrats on those four commissions!! WTG:thumbsup:

Obedec
11-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it. It feels like forever since something came out that I was excited about.
Karen

Crias
11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Karen,

This is looking great! Youa re doing a great job laying the fur. I can see why you are excited about it. Also, congrats on the commisions!! That is exciting too.

Do you by any chance know the Osterman's? They live (or at least used to, assume they still do) in Waldport and I was roommates in college (OSU) with their daughter, Rachel in 1998.

Obedec
11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
The name is familiar...I'll ask my co-worker who knows everyone and what they're doing.
LOL
Karen

Diana Lee
11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
You are doing a great job here, but I wish I could see some detail. I sure do love scratchboard. I love working with it and I love to look at it. This is a sweet picture.

Diana

TrickyV
11-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Karen .....I just love the little poochkin. As a matter of fact I love doing dogs also and I'm doing one now. Victor :clap: :clap:

hoart
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
This is wonderful.
I also like how you rendered the long hair.

They're regal little dogs.

And congrats on your sales and commissions.

Best to you

Lisa G.

Obedec
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I've been underwater all week and today was the worst. I'm going to work on it on Thursday (I have some studying I've got to get done). Lets hope the rain leaves for a few days so I can get some good shots, and get some close ups...I have a SAR dog waiting in the wings and want to get her started.
Victor, I can't wait to see your dog..gonna share wips?
Karen

brushandknife
11-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Karen, this is such a cutie. And congratulations on your sales and commissions. I just returned from a "dog" Arts and Crafts show- didn't sell either "diddly" or "squat"!!! (Well, maybe I sold a bit of diddly, but definitely not enough). :-) Looking forward to seeing him completed. Are you doing the service dog in scratch too, or something else?
Carol

Obedec
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks Carol, gonna do the service dog in scratch. She's suppose to be a golden/lab cross (her brother is a very large black lab looking guy) but I'm thinking she might be Golden/Chessie...her hair is long, but darker and extremely curly, almost kinky.
Karen

brushandknife
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Can't wait to see her.
Carol

Obedec
11-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I think "Jim's Dog" is done. This is a photo taken in the house tonight. I'll spray him between raindrops and get a better photo tomorrow.
Karen Hhttp://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/obedec/CavalierKingCharlesSpanielfinal.jpg

Mary Woodul
11-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Magnificent work, Karen! I am so impressed with the work you all achieve in this forum.

Rosie_Posie
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
This is beautiful! I have a Cavalier and you've definately caught the characteristics of the breed!
Andrea

Obedec
11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks Andrea,I thought of you. "Jim" just got a new little girl that looks like your picture. She was suppose to be a breeder but she has a heart murmur so she'll just be a pet and pretty girl to go with the pretty boy. I don't know if he's show quality or not, but he is a very striking and handsome dog. Plus oodles of personality.
Karen