PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash**** Sunday, November 5, 2006

JustjoGA
11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Good Morning, Washers....

Yes, I am opening a new Wash again. Lonely
here alone... Everyone must be busy with life.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

:wave: to all to come, :grouphug: HAWLTAIN

JustJo

lizcar57
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Hello Jo!!!

Just checking in before I head off to bed. Have a good day!!

Liz

P.Albert
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Me too Liz. :) Didn't get to yesterday's wash, I made a nice day of painting and had some good progress. My laundry also got folded but I didn't get much done otherwise. Tomorrow is game day, so hopefully I'll get some good painting in and not fall asleep in the middle of the game.

Jo, I hope you're having a nice weekend too!

olliewood0702
11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Hello all!

We had a full day today. Our trip to Cabela's and IKEA was nice. DH got his hunting camoflauge bib overalls, and a bit more.:rolleyes: We then went to IKEA and Oh my GOSH!! What a HUGE store that is!! I was so tired of walking by the time we left that we went to a restaurant and I was glad to just SIT!:lol:

I haven't been using crutches for at least a week now and when I got home tonight I see that Doug sent me a PM telling me to use a wheelchair at IKEA but I read it AFTER I got home!! I was okay...we just walked slow. THE people in that place!! What a place....anyway I want to go back sometime when my knee is all healed up.

Today(Sunday) we will just do odds and ends around the house as we had the granddaughters for the night. A bit of yard work, and this week we want to hang some Christmas lights too.

I am pooped and have my leg up with an icepack on it and I'm very shortly off to bed. I must slowly get my energy up because this week will be my last one off of work as I return to work on the 13th. that will mean no more naps.:confused:

So glad Mike's news was good.
Have a great trip Jean!
(((((())))))) hugs and white light to all in need.

Waving to all my creative buddies in the wash!!:wave: :D HAVE A GREAT DAY!

pasta
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm still awake, but not for long...
Darla -- so glad that you have been up and around. We've had an IKEA here for awhile and it's always an outing to stop by...do they have a cafe in yours? Great Swedish meatballs!
Destany -- don't know how you find time to paint at all with your kids so little...I used to paint late at night when the kids were asleep, but I only have two kids!
Liz -- hi! you're probably sleeping by now, but hi anyway!
Jo -- thanks for opening the Wash...don't think I told you but that new grandbaby of yours is adorable!

All is well here...my husband is on the mend after his surgery and I'm feeling fine. We're driving our two teens around 24/7 it seems but it's all good!
Well, I'm off to bed...night all!
Tina

KathyJB
11-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Hello Jo, good job starting the wash , hey somebody has to do it,
Hello Liz, and Tina, I don't get to drop in here as much as i would like to lately,
Hi Darla IKEA is cool isn't it?
I go and i dream and dream and then only buy a little, , like paint brush holders (which are really dish drain flatware cylinders)or bathroom accessories,my girls have platform beds from there however, it is a fun place.
Hi Destany, I have also been painting, was trying to get a yupo winter scene done but that didn't work out so I will use two watercolors i did one on masa and one on 300 Pnd rough WC paper, then i spent this evening framing them... all this for a show this week in Pennsylvania with my new art group The artists of Yardley, they seem like movers and shakers there, tomorrow I have to drive up to the center where we will exhibit the paintings. Here are photos of the framed pieces , forgive the shadows as the glass doesn't like to be photographed even on museum setting:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/7614-Visitor_center_1.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/7614-visitors_center2.jpg
enjoy,

Kat

Yorky
11-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Morning all :wave:

Quite a pleasant morning here, hazy sunshine and 55F!

Great instructions yesterday by Europa on how to make a link - I added it to the NEWBIES thread. Thanks Pat :clap:

Decided on my Christmas card for this year - remember those red wooden Santas I have in the garden? I'm going to paint them in the snow.

Still no landmark, but there's plenty of time yet :evil: :D

Glad you made it around IKEA Darla, hope your knee is OK. Look for cut -throughs between the various sections, when you know the place and want to get to the checkout quickly they can cut miles off your walking.

Ruth altered two sets of curtains for our neighbours last night - we are their resident handy persons :D They are great neighbours and we love to help when we can.

Well, got to get my breakfast now, BBL

Doug

Europa
11-05-2006, 03:51 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

No idea why am up this early on a Sunday morning - think I may try and get a couple more hours in bed :thumbsup:

Started on my latest masters challenge last night - it hads loads and loads of figures in it :eek: - should be interesting as I have never done them before in such numbers (Gulp!)

Not much on today cept am off to see Leo later on this afternoon. :D

Bought a new slow cooker last week - I was so impressed with the meals our Moira made with hers - so today am going to give it a shot - Jamie is calling around for half the joint as of course we don't need as much seeing as our John is on liquidised food.

Suppose I may as well jump in the shower now am awake - so sending hugs all around and white light.

Catch you later

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

painterbear
11-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Good Morning all,
It is a little before 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Not much going on here except for our normal Sunday routine, leisurely breakfast then grocery shopping.

I painted up a storm yesterday and have just a few minor details to do on my Landmark Challenge painting. Then writing the info paragraph and I'll be able to send it off to Jo.

Today I have to finish my other painting for Nita's class. She left us an "assignment" and some Waterford paper to try out. She treated half of it with acrylic gloss medium and left the other half au natural. We are supposed to do the same painting on each half and compare the process and results. I'm trying a test sheet out so I can show the group before they begin painting theirs. I haven't tried the treated side yet. I'll do that later today.

We had some good news yesterday. Kent closed on his old home in Newport on Friday, so that is now off his back and he will be able to get started on the kitchen renovation in their new home. :D Can't wait to see what it looks like when he finishes it. So, thanks for the white light and crossed fingers that it would go through. It has! and it helps to know you are all beaming those rays.

We're still helping Kari and Mike with house hunting. We thought we found a place last week, but when we went over at 4:00 p.m. to meet the realtor, we discovered it sits on a road that becomes a freeway in the morning when people are heading for work and in the evening as they return home. Too dangerous with Casey as young as he is. Too much temptation for him to run into the street while Mommy is busy unloading the car or otherwise distracted. So still searching the rental ads, Sunday is a big day for listings so that is what I will do next.

Pat, Your directions were terrific in yesterday's Wash. You give directions like I do. Assume your audience knows nothing about the subject and go from there. I've copied them to my desktop for future try-out. ;)

Darla, Glad you got the chance to get out of the house. Hope your knee is OK today.

Joann, Haven't checked out the PENN STATE (not Penn, that's in Philadelphia ;) ) site yet, wondered if they had prevailed over Wisconsin. Oh well, glad someone's team won. :angel:

Tina, Glad to hear the news that both you and your DH are doing well health-wise. Guess it is more relaxing for you to be driving the teens around than vice versa. :rolleyes:

Off to check out rental listings, it takes a while. So :wave: to Jo, Liz, Destany, Kat (the paintings look great framed up), Doug, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Yorky
11-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Morning Pat, Sylvia :wave:

Just found an interesting site which has short videos of various artists (http://www.ccpvideos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ART)dmonstrating their technique. It is a commercial site selling videos and DVD's but the Previews are excelent demonstrations of the various techniques. Click on the artist then "Previews".

I see our Nick Symmonds is to have his watercolour video there soon.

Doug

plec
11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
morning all nice day here if a little cold.
:wave: :wave: to Justjo, Liz, Destany, Darla, Tina, Doug, Pat, Sylvia,
Hi Kat I have been really enjoying your Yupo posts recently I am trying to get hold of this material it seems very interesting.
best wishes, to all may be back later. Ken..

plec
11-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Doug, thanks for the link just had a look at the site you mentioned looks good,
Ken..

CharM
11-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Good morning!!!

Too early to see what the weather will bring, but the temp is above freezing anyway...

We drove up to my Sister's place for her granddaughter's birthday... it was a gorgeous sunny day even if it was a tad chilly... The whole family was there and we had fun... Especially little Vanyel...

Making her WISH:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/20514-VanyelWish.jpg

For...

A PONY!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/20514-VanyelPony.jpg

I've invited Patty (Bluegenes) and her hubby for dinner tonight... I'll shovel a path to the dining room and swipe the bathrooms... :D

Hi Jo, Liz and Destany... hope you all slept well!!!

Darla!!! You DID overdo it! I know... I know... Ikea is worth it, eh? :lol:

Hi Tina... glad that your hubby is feeling better (and you too)... chauffering the kids around seems to be part and parcel of raising teenagers these days, eh?

Your paintings look terrific all framed up, Kat... good luck with the Show!

Hi Doug... that sounds like a FUN Christmas Card... be sure to include it in the KIUAN thread... I really need to get mine painted, too... You and Ruth are helpful to everyone I'm thinking... :heart:

Oh... and the CCP site... that's where Patty (Bluegenes) won a prize for her Tiger in one of their juried shows... they are currently running a portrait show... heads up all you Portrait People!!!!!!!

Hi Pat... I have a slow cooker and NEVER use it!! :lol: Jamie wants a half joint??? :confused:

Wow, Syl... lots of news... congrats going out for Kent... sorry that the house didn't work out for Kari... your paintings for the Monday class sound REALLY challenging!

:wave: Ken... have you tried any online stores?

So... I have a little time before I need to get a wiggle on and clean this midden... I can browse a little while...

:grouphug: hawltain and hand...

jaytee
11-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Morning All and AWAYTC:wave:

A bit slow here thismorning....but plently good news since I last washed......... excellent to hear about Kents house closing, Amelias Art groups , Darla getting out of IKEA safely ....and Tina and DH's improvements.........white light still on its way and fingers crossed for Cat Scan on 8th.......

Doug.... now had I realised your Ruth was a dab hand at curtain alterations... I could have found a few to keep her hands busy on her last visit here ;) ...but there's no hurry ...... my last lot of hemming pins rusted in, over 15 or so years :D Thanks for the link to the video site... I wonder if Nick will be dem-oing his use of Acrylics in watercolour mode....... I would be interested to see that in moving pics. Our Ruth ...... where did you see that add re workable liftable acrylics.... that's really intriguing.... perhaps the time has come to revisit the medium... havent used them for donkeys years and didnt like the 'feel' at all.

cant remember if I told you yesteray about finding Ginger ( just before I went out) munching at the end of the metal tube of laxative I bought at the vets for Percys hairballs !!!! Shed eaten about a third of it !!!! PInched it off the kitchen table , little ratbag.... so I blocked the stairs and hoped for the best !!! House was clear when I returned, but it was dark so yet have to do an outside inspection !!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet the metal gave her teeth good cleaning though !!!!

Almost noon so time for breakfast.....

HaH, HALWTAIN & HAND

Char.... WE crossposted again....... and what utterly adorable pics of your sisters grand ( what relation does that make her to you? great niece I guess)) What a very lucky young lady :)

plec
11-05-2006, 06:55 AM
char not yet i have contacted the manufactures and i think they are going to send me some samples,
Ken.

jaytee
11-05-2006, 07:01 AM
Ken...... Either Ken Bromley or SAA is now stocking Yupo.....have read both catalogues ( and Cheap Joes) in the past few days so am a tad confused.... do you want me to check ??

plec
11-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Thanks Jayte, I have a catalogue from Ken Bromley so I will have a look.
Ken..

butterfly.art
11-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Afternoon All:wave:

Ken, the SAA have Yupo in a pack of A4 size. Good to try on. It seems thinner than the sheets I ordered from Cheap Joes last year.

Tricia

butterfly.art
11-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi All

Glad you enjoyed your IKEA trip and you didn't wear yourself out too much.

Pat, I haven't read the end of yesterdays wash but I'm looking forward to seeing your directions for making a link. It sounds good for me as I know nothing!!!:o

Doug, thanks for the link. I have been to this site before but don't think I booked marked it.

Destany, you seem to be coping very well with doing a little painting each day and looking after the family. Well done!

Kat, nice paintings. Hope the exhibition goes ok.

Char, hope you have a nice visit with Patty and her DH for dinner.

Tina, pleased your DH is doing fine and you too.

Hi, Jo, don't get too lonely on your hill top!

Sylvia, I hope your example works out for you. Did Nita show you what to paint?

Jaytee, Percys laxative:eek:

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

:wave: to all still to come

Tricia

Sorry, I missed Liz. Hi.

madmum
11-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Afternoon!

As usual for a Sunday my time is limited, I just wanted to post the information about the reworkable acrylics (http://www.chromaonlinenew.com/index.php/chroma/products/atelier_interactive) for anyone interested :) I saw the ad in The Artist magazine.

Char, sweet photos of a very lucky little girl! I wished and wished for a pony when I was tiny, sadly my parents thought that was too big a pet for our postage stamp sized garden! lol

Keeping fingers crossed that you don't have any nasty surprises Jaytee! :eek:

Ruth

ameliajordan
11-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Howdee Washeroos :wave: Actually I don't feel that peppy but........

First I work up very early and went outside in the dark. A large bird swooped down and perched on the edge of our gutter. He looked at me and decided I was harmless and sat there a few minutes turning his head hunting before he flew the the house across the street. The exciting part is the bird was an owl and I've never seen one up close; I heard plenty of them before. After he flew away I decided that I needed more rest so went back to bed for 3 more hours.

Darla, I bet you needed that ice pack after Ikeas!!!!!!!!!! I worried that it was too much for your knee ((((())))).

Thanks for the site Doug!

Cute grand neice, Char - she looks soooooo excited!!! As well she should when you get a pony!!!!!!!

Sylvia, let us know after you finish the acrylic side the comparison of how the watercolor feels on both.

Janet, I hope Ginger is outside when the lax hits :D

I think I'm still asleep so will see ya later :wave:

bluegenes
11-05-2006, 08:25 AM
:wave: all!

Looks like a pretty nice day out there....at least it's not raining..yet!

Looking forward to seeing Char and Ted. And you don't have to clean for us Char!!:rolleyes:
I'm so jealous of your grand neice!:envy: I always wished for a pony!!

Gonna try and get my Landmark done today. I didn't pick such a complicated one this time.

Everyone have a great day!

Patty

bluegenes
11-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Just found an interesting site which has short videos of various artists (http://www.ccpvideos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ART)dmonstrating their technique. It is a commercial site selling videos and DVD's but the Previews are excelent demonstrations of the various techniques. Click on the artist then "Previews".

I see our Nick Symmonds is to have his watercolour video there soon.

Doug
Oh, and Thanks Doug! I didn't have this bookmarked on my new computer, so it reminded me. And it's Nick Simmons.
:)
Patty

Uschi
11-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Dull sky but warmer.

Absolutely nothing new here except that it is my friends' turn to cook brunch:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ken, good to see you here more often!!

JoAnn, very good news re Kurt's operation, sending more white light.

Kat, your paintings look great all gussied up as Sylvia would say.

Char, that "wishing" photo is priceless!!!

Tina, really glad that things are O.K. with you and hubby!!

Sylvia, a fun experiment, looking forward to results.

Ruth, I'm going to have a good read about the acrylics when I am done here.

JT :eek: :eek: :)

Pat, going to try your method on my signatue line for "newbies" etc.

:wave: to everyone I didn't personally address and all yet to come!!
Uschi

CharM
11-05-2006, 08:43 AM
...about to head out the door for groceries... I don't have a THING to feed my dinner guests!!! :eek:

Sheesh... I hope there aren't any surprise packages for you to discover, Janet... :lol: about Ginger's teeth...

The reason that everyone HAD to go up to Waterford was to see Vanyel with the pony... what a hoot... Vanyel is the BEST behaved little 7-year old and she was absolutely natural with Beauty...

Going through my pics, I want to share this one too... My niece Lindsey had a tooth pulled on Friday and her little face was swollen and throbbing... the whole thing has become infected and she wasn't feeling well at all... Matt is comforting her... I snapped their photo when he was giving her a hug...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/20514-Cousins.jpg

Thanks for the link Ruth... I'm going to check it out, too...

Lucky you, Amelia... owls are so graceful, big and beautiful...

See you in a while, Patty! :wave: :wave: :wave:

JustjoGA
11-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Good morning, again, Washers...

Woke to a balmy 40F this morning, incredibly
clear and sunny... Really nice after all those
weeks of rain and gray days...

Thanks to Tina and others who agree with me
that my GD is adorable. I can't wait to be
there and see/hear her laughing ... I also
plucked up my courage and called my other GD
in Mississippi, not home so I left an I Love
You message, and my phone number... Just have
to wait for a response, if none, then call
again. I decided if I am to see her, it is
up to me to make the contact ... She is 11,
and I last saw her IRL at one week old.

I am so :envy: of those with IKEA stores
near you.. I don't know if we even have any
here in GA... Darla, the tableware holder
for brushes is an excellent idea; I use a
Tupperware spaghetti container :D I did have
two white ceramic snack plates for palettes;
both got broken when my son pitched a box of
art supplies off the moving truck :eek:

Doug... I have a request: will you put the
recipes for your chocolate cake and Parkin
bread in the Holiday Recipes thread? I would
encourage all my Washer friends to add to this
thread; there are lots of "lookers" ...

Nothing on my agenda today, although it needs to
be. I "rested" far too much the last two days.

Although not a pet person, I do get lots of
chuckles at the pet stories told here in the Wash.
They really are like perpetual children it seems.

Must get a move on to dress and get to church,
it's too beautiful not to be out and about today.

EDIT: Char, I loooove the photo of Matt and Lindsey;
does he know how lucky he is with that beautiful
complexion? :) :)

:wave: to all here, AWAYTC :grouphug: HAWLTAIN

JustJo

butterfly.art
11-05-2006, 08:48 AM
OK. I read yesterdays wash, so

:music: :music: VO LA RA OH OH:music: :music: :lol:

Pat, I read your directions. Thank you, I will give it a try. I will print it out so I can refer to it when needed.

Amelia, you sound as if you have lots of "art" things to do near your new home. I'm so pleased for you. You are lucky to have Bob2 close by too. It will be great to watch him painting. Doesn't he give lessons?
You are getting to see some interesting wild life too!

Ruth, thanks for that link. It looks very interesting. I have downloaded the catalogue. Might give it a try.

Patty, have a nice visit with Char. Hope your painting works out OK.

Char, forgot to say, lucky, lucky girl. Wonderful wish eh?!!!

Tricia

P.S. Jo. I'm so sorry you have not had contact with your GD for so long. I hope it works out for you.

Little Old Lady
11-05-2006, 09:36 AM
HELLO THERE:wave:
A book I have on creativity suggests that you try something different every day so will try to vary my usual format for the wash.
Love the pony picture. Grandfather always promised me a pony but never did one.
The picture of Matt and Lindsey is priceless. If they weren't cousins it could be titled "Young Love".
Jo hope you can make contact with GD.
Amelia sounds like you will be having a ball in new surroundings.
Sylvia experiments sound interesting. Hope you can find a place for Kari and Mike.
Have a memorial service for man who lived in this Villa before me. His wife was a good friend and I did know him will. Parkinsons and then dementia took him.
Good vibes to all.
Goodbye!
:grouphug:
JoAnn

Cathie Jones
11-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Good morning Washers and Washerettes . . . it's another beautiful day in the Mojave Desert!!

Haven't been here in a couple of days, although I did re-check Char's sunflowers to see if there were instructions. Patience - - waiting - - drying - - - all things I'm not very good at. .....sigh.... Explains a lot, eh?

Tina, glad you and DH are doing well. Around here mostly druggies and hookers live downtown, so if kids are to get anywhere they have to be driven. Lots of open space in these here parts . . . .

Char, that boy of yours could be a movie star!!! And Vanyel . . . I still want a pony!!

Jaytee, is Ginger still okay? Poor baby probably has a giant-sized tummy ache!!

Been super busy with Quiltmonster. Finished two last week, a lady in class Wednesday gave me one, then the fabric shop recommended me (yipppeeeee) to a lady who brought over two more yesterday. Slipped in one of my own for my other teenage granddaughter. Still haven't heard from my instructor about her charity quilt, but it's due to be turned in one week from tomorrow, so she'd best hurry!! Anyway, it's getting busy and, although it's literally a pain (arthritic hips and back) it's fun. Just really hard being on my feet all day.

We're going to L.A. today - - Joshua Bell is playing Brahms Violin Concerto with the L.A. Philharmonic.

Y'all be good - -

JustjoGA
11-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Cathie, I love Joshua Bell's violin work.
He plays with the Atlanta symphony here,
I think. Very fine talent ...

(And his violin is a Stradivarius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

JustJo

Maffet
11-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Hello to all :wave:
Just short visit to say
I am sooo happy, that simply I had to use dad's computer to jump to wetcanvas and write what's happend to me..... I am still in a shock. Some half year ago I did illustration of dragon reading book in the light of lamp. I painted it very fast and because I become very bored of dragons after that years of painting fantasy I did it a diffrent way to make myself at least a bit entertained. And also I use my new method of painting on colored papers. I liked results, but never thought about that picture like about something special. But today!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! I recieved wanderful letter directly from writer of original book. She has seen cover of book. She like it so much, that she wants to buy original art or at least print and maybe printing rights!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :D I am in a shock! It never happend to me before. I still cant believe that! You can imagine how I was running from one room to another with big eyes, laughing and screaming. I am sooooooooooo happy!!!! Internet sometimes brings me bis surpises! I wander how it is possible! Did czech publishing house send her sample of finished translated book? Probably.. :-) Anyway that's so great!

Yorky
11-05-2006, 10:13 AM
That's fantastic news Jana , I'm so happy for you :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now don't undervalue your painting it is something special.

Doug

bluegenes
11-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Jana, that's so exciting, but I'm not surprised...you are soooo talented!!
:clap: :clap:

Patty

mmcaloon
11-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Good Morning all :wave:

Hi to Jo, Liz, Destany, Darla, Tina, Kat, Doug, Pat, Sylvia, Ken, Char, JT, Tricia, Ruth, Amelia, Patty, Uschi, JoAnn, Cathie, Jana, and all those yet to come.

Jo, Liz, Destany - hope you guys had a good nights rest.

Darla - You are doing way better than me, after my ankle surgery, to walk even slowly through Ikea. Glad all is going well.

Tina - sounds familier driving the kids constantly, then they get their license and you'll never see them - such is life.:D

Kat - they look great to me.

Doug - have a great day, those were good instructions.

Pat - Have fun with the cooker we use our a couple times a month.

Sylvia - have fun house hunting.

Ken - Stay warm. Yupo is a challenge at least for me - a very very hard challenge. :o

Char - cute photos and enjoy your visit with Patty and husband. EDIT Great Photo of Matt and Lindsey also.

JT - Ginger eating the laxitive could have been messy to say the least.:eek:

Tricia - Good Morning to you and have a great day.

Ruth - Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for the link I will pass it on to my acrylic friends (now that sisn't sound right) my acrylic painting friends.

Amelia - an Owl how cool is that.

Patty - Enjoy your dinner at Chez Chars I'm jealous :envy:

Uschi - Have a great time at brunch and have a great day.

Jo - Hope you get the call through to your GD.

JoAnn - Good vibes back at you and enjoy your day.

Cathie - glad your having fun with quiltmonster and have a nice trip to LA.

Jana - :clap: congratulations :clap: not surprised at all your work is fantastic and this is well earned.

Having my coffee and wating for the time to go to church. Marge is off on a Women's Retreat so I will be meeting the kids for breakfast by myself.

We have breakfast with them befor church in a restrurant owned and run by a Lebanese family. They serve traditional American fare and some Texas stuff but with a slight twist. It is always good and different.

Made great strides on the landmark yesterday and started two new ones.
One another Landmark and one of butterflies from a reference I got from Char. Lots of progress. Today I'm hoping to finish the landmark.

Have a great day all BBL

JustjoGA
11-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Congratulations, Jana!! It's so exciting
to see your art career taking off ... but
we knew it would :)

JustJo

Europa
11-05-2006, 11:35 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well I didn't get in to see Leo - he was resting - the nun said he had had 19 visitors yesterday and it wore the poor love out - so John and I chatted with her for a while - she was telling us she hadn't had a holiday in SEVENTEEN YEARS! :eek:

Oops pressed the wrong button.....lol

Anyhoos we then had a chat with the little nun who 'guards' the door - now she is quite a character - our poor John kept telling her not to make him laugh. Sooooo will have to see if he is up and about in a couple of weeks.

We decided not to use the slow cooker today because the joint of meat we have after cutting some off for our Jamie is miniscule.........lol........Mum doesn;t each much meat and of course our John is still on mush.

Have just put my new dvd player up downstairs - the one that we had their is a DVD recorder and for some reason it just won't switch on - so am taking to a local shop to have it seen to.

What amazes me is that these cheapo DVD (like the one I just got which was about 20 - I got it free when I took out a life insurance policy) - will play my DVD copies - the one I have in my room which is a combined DVD/Video and cost nearly 5 times as much won't play them. So am taking the expensive one back to Asda (cos it says it will play DVD RW discs and it doesn't) and am going to swap it for a cheapo DVD player and a standalone video.

CRS has set in - waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Christie
11-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Morning All!

Busy day here, so no time to stop for now...

BUT I had to say Char, there is NO WAY I am letting Katherine see the pictures you posted of the pony!:D:eek: The nearest we might get is a hairy, donkey sized dog.:D

Jana! What happy news for you.:):clap:

My friend is here from Toronto and we are busy with all that needs to happen while she is here. I will try to check in later this afternoon.

mebo
11-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Good morning, everybody,

It's one of those rare mornings in West Texas - it's raining! I'm going to move my car out into the rain shortly, and let it wash the dust off.

I painted a little yesterday, and then marked the pages in the new Jerry's catalog (hoping my DH will again take hints for Christmas).

Jana, that's fabulous! I do believe your full time art career is about to happen!

Take some time to wet a brush today.

Have a good one, ya'll.

plec
11-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Tricia thanks for info.
Uschie my pleasure nice to be back, and I have started on the next challenge piece.
Jana congratulations really good news.
Hi Mike,all my work is challenging something to do with a lack of talent,:cool: :cool:
Best wishes, Ken..

plec
11-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi Mebo did'nt see you come in there
best wishes Ken..

CharM
11-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Ok... don't anyone tell Patty what's for dinner...

I got my groceries and have them put away... I bought 3 little butternut squash and cut them in half... cleaned out the seeds and stuffed the cavities with a savoury bread stuffing... I made a BIG pot of scalloped potatoes... and I chopped up two heads of broccoli, tossed in 1/2 pound of crisp bacon, onions and celery... made a buttermilk dressing and threw in some small cubes of provolone... The squash and potatoes will go into the oven shortly... the salad's in the fridge... I just have to prepare the ham and it can cook with the veggies. I have cooked up some brown rice and will make a rice pudding for dessert...

The floors still need swiffering though... but the bathroom is clean...

Hi Jo... hope you found some ambition to spice up your day... Matt's complexion is typically teenager... just about the time he wants to impress some young lady, he gets a case of the *nasties*... :D Good for you on calling your granddaughter!

Holy moly, Amelia!!! You'll be painting up a storm!!!

Hi JoAnn! With the amount of stuff you have going on at any given time, I think you're creative in just juggling your schedule!!!

Cathie... :lol: I won't be telling him that... Oh... and are you now taking orders??? If so, we need to talk...

Woo hoo!!!! Jana!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: You ARE talented, you know!

Have a fun painting day, Mike... really looking forward to your butterfly... the landmark, too... :D

Sorry that you didn't have a chance to visit with Leo, Pat...

My sister raises horses, Christie... so, it was a natural for her to give Vanyel a pony... :D You can tell Katherine that if she wants a pony, she just has to clean the stable out (shovelling manure) once a day; haul water twice a day; spread clean straw once a day; feed twice a day; and groom twice a week... checking for lice is always important, of course... hoof trimming is only needed about monthly... No problem... :lol:

:wave: Trish, Ken and Mebo...

I talked Matt into doing my swiffering for me, but it didn't take him very long... guess I'd better go check...

cya

madmum
11-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Another quick visit, I thought you might like to see tonights sunset!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/10535-Sunset-small.jpg

Char, your dinner sounds absolutely delicious!!!! Lucky Gail!

Glad the link to the acrylic info is useful to some, I have to say it looks interesting.

Hugs and white light to all in need,

I'm off to watch Frost very soon :D

Ruth

pasta
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Just a quick note to Jana -- :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: congratulations!!! You've been discovered!
Tina

Uschi
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I was jsut going to do a quicky lurk but had to sign in to say

CONGRATULATIONS Jana!!!! How fabulous is that!!!!!

Pat, sorry you didn't get to see Leo. Is he still in the same place where it's quite far to drive?? At least you know the guy isn't lonely with 19 visitors the day before.

Cathie, really glad that paying quilts are starting to arrive!!!!

Ruth, what a fantastic sunset!!!!!!

Char and Patty enjoy your visit and Char you better eat lots for supper so you won't starve when you come to my place, you know how lean my meals are:lol: :lol: and that photo of Mat and cousin is beautiful, I bet you are going to paint that at some point.

We had a lenghty brunch then I wondered around at Home Depot and what used to be calle Radio Shack to buy myself a "universal emote" so I can be lazy again and not get up from the couch every time I need to change the channel. Now the question is, can I program the darn thing
for my TV:rolleyes: :confused: :lol:

I have come to realize that I have become sensitive to wheat (i.e. affects my breathing) so bought some rye flour and rice flour and am going to experiement and see if banana bread turns out half decent without using the wheat.

:wave: to all!!!
Uschi

mmcaloon
11-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Char your meal tonight souds great.

Ruth that is a great sunset.

I just sent off my landmark/local color to Jutta. Don't really kbnow about this one but I had fun so what the heck.. Got to get away from dark for a while...

Have a good evening everyone.

Europa
11-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Just nipping in to say..........

CONGRATULATIONS JANA!! - WELL DESERVED!! :thumbsup:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pat

ameliajordan
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I did not have the camera when I went to the watercolor meeting so have no picture of Bob and me :( I did think of it but neither DH or I have any idea where the camera is :)

Besides the fun of meeting Bob, the highlight was a demo by Chen-Khee Chee!!!! Boy is he fabulous. He did a wet in wet demo of koi in which he freely painted all kinds of colors and strokes and then lifted out the fish before detailing them. Lucky folks taking his workshop this week - with the move there is no way I could have done that!!

I road to the meeting with a neighbor and we picked up another woman and the 3 of us went to dinner after the meeting so I'm bone tired!! But a good tired.

WLAHTAIN and :grouphug:

Christie
11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
My sister raises horses, Christie... so, it was a natural for her to give Vanyel a pony... :D You can tell Katherine that if she wants a pony, she just has to clean the stable out (shovelling manure) once a day; haul water twice a day; spread clean straw once a day; feed twice a day; and groom twice a week... checking for lice is always important, of course... hoof trimming is only needed about monthly... No problem... :lol:

Char, I read this to Katherine and she rolled her eyes and said, "Okay, ewwww.":D

KathyJB
11-05-2006, 11:18 PM
this is a link of the photos my husband too at the exhibit: the two paintings will be in the show till December 27th:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380717

Hi Kat I have been really enjoying your Yupo posts recently I am trying to get hold of this material it seems very interesting.
appreciate your kind wishes Ken,

Your paintings look terrific all framed up, Kat... good luck with the Show!
Thanks Char, and beautiful neice with brand new pony what a joy that must be for her also, thats a wonderful pic of matt and Lindsey, gosh the young are so beautiful arent they?

Ken...... Either Ken Bromley or SAA is now stocking Yupo.....have read both catalogues ( and Cheap Joes) in the past few days so am a tad confused.... do you want me to check ??
JayTee thats good news as i will need to buy my yupo from some new places as well

Kat, nice paintings. Hope the exhibition goes ok.
thanks Tricia

Kat, your paintings look great all gussied up as Sylvia would say.
Thanks Uschi

...But today!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! I recieved wanderful letter directly from writer of original book. She has seen cover of book. She like it so much, that she wants to buy original art or at least print and maybe printing rights!!!!!!
Jana thats so wonderful to hear about your illustration sucess, bravo bravo!!!

Kat - they look great to me.
thanks Mike

Ruth thats a wonderful photo!!!
and now I am off to bed

Cathie Jones
11-06-2006, 12:01 AM
:clap: :clap: Congratulations Jana :clap: :clap:

'bout darn time somebody besides us realized how much talent you have!!!

Joshua Bell was terrific - there wasn't a dry eye in the house - even the orchestra was transfixed when he was playing!! We saw him last week, too, but the Schubert wasn't nearly as good as the Brahms.

Sleepy-time now, see y'all in the morning!

.....landmark? What landmark???.....

lizcar57
11-06-2006, 12:43 AM
:wave: Howdy Washers,

Ruth - what a Sunset!!!

Jana - that is soosoo exciting:thumbsup:

I always end up here at bed time. Nice when the house is quiet!!

Night all

Liz

Yorky
11-06-2006, 03:12 AM
Besides the fun of meeting Bob, the highlight was a demo by Chen-Khee Chee!!!! Boy is he fabulous. He did a wet in wet demo of koi in which he freely painted all kinds of colors and strokes and then lifted out the fish before detailing them. Lucky folks taking his workshop this week - with the move there is no way I could have done that!!

Amelia, there's a short video of his Koi demo here: Cheng-Khee Chee Koi Demo (http://www.ccpvideos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ARTCKC) Click on his name then scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Doug