PDA

View Full Version : Experiment in Perspective (Scratchboard) Finished.

TrickyV
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Holy Moly...aprox.250 hrs. of work ! 18" x 24" clayboard smooth black. Using a 24" x 36" blackboard was great to figure things out on. Probably saved about 80% of board errors. I have also modified the # 11 scalple blade as it was too flexable so I cut it down to about a quarted of the length. Worked much better and gave more stablizing control. Some of the shading was done with Dr. Martins Fine Art Watercolors. Photographing the picture was a challange. I used my Nikon D50 with a 200mm Telephoto .
Lighting was supplied by window daylight and the camera set at ISO1600 .
............Victor

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2006/62776-DSC_0001-10_resize.JPG

Bertoni
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Victor:
Incredible finish!!! Impressive!:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Mary Woodul
11-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Victor, this is absolutely fantastic! It is like looking through 3D glasses in a movie.

Obedec
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Holy Moly is right. Beautiful!
Karen

Diana Lee
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Victor, this is beautiful. So beautiful I feel I must say something about the positioning of the image. It looks as though you have worked the piece right to the edge (the tree). Is it going to get cut when you frame it or is it an illusion of the camera that the tree is so close to the edge? It truly is wonderful, it makes my hand hurt just to look at it.

Diana

TrickyV
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Diana...Thank you for your so kind words...Yes it is true and you are right..I have always had this kind of problem when I'm drawing and I try to fight it. It is a bad problem I have but I get so involved the whole world is shut out. I think my consitration is so intence that I don't even hear my sweety call me for coffee and goodies !!! and THAT is BAD...Victor..:D :wave: :wave:
PS. Everyone needs a good laugh once in a while so I have decided to take a picture of myself at work and post it for all to see !!!

TrickyV
11-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Sorry I missed you folks.....
Bertoni...Thanks a bunch.:wave:
Mary....That's a new way to put it...I like it. Thank you so much. :wave:
Karen....I like those Holy Molies.. Thank you. :wave:

Diana Lee
11-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Victor, shutting the world out and talking to ones self are two different things. I talk to the piece I am working on, and this can be very embarrassing when others who are around don't know me well. I didn't even know I did this until an artist friend pointed it out to me. Oh well, whatever it takes. If you need to shut the world out to create what you do then it is worth it. I am sure your sweetie understands, I know mine does.

Hey, where is the picture of you creating?

Diana

TrickyV
11-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Diana....Soon, Very soon, when the courage builds up !! Victor :evil: :D

TrickyV
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
OK Diana , you asked for it . There is a kook in every crowd. This is how I preserve my sanity.:evil: :D :D :wave: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2006/62776-Artist_Portrate_003.jpg

Diana Lee
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Well Victor, you look just like an artist. What a great photo. I have but one question, how do you keep your work space so clean and organized?

Diana

TrickyV
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Diana....I'ts easy...I just don't show you the whole studio. When I built the studio (8 x 12) feet that is, a 2 x 8 ft. was built in with folding doors to hide the mess. This keeps my computer and art work stuff hidden. He He.
Victor :D :wave:
PS...what would you think about sort of fading out the tree to make room for a frame ?

Diana Lee
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Aha! All I need is some folding doors and I, too, can have a clean studio.

I feel that fading the tree might draw even more attention to it being cut off. Could you black out the two tree sections that hit the edge and finish them off just 1/2 inch from the edge. It looks like you'll only need to shave off a very small amount.

I am including a color pencil scratchboard called "Cat Reflecting" Somehow I got through the whole thing without considering I was cutting off his foot!

Diana

brushandknife
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh, Victor, this is awe-inspiring. Wow... just... wow... and one more thing- I absolutely love that photo. It has been a trying month, you brought such a smile to my face, and I feel better! Just one smile is all it took. You're a good fellow to share that wonderful personality with us in living color!!! :D
So, now we all know- another necessary thing for a studio- folding doors!!!
I send you a big hug for that smile.
Carol :heart:

TrickyV
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Diana....Thank you for the imput, I'm sure it will work out. I See what you mean about the pussy cats paw. I guess we are all vunerable at sometime or other. We are all not perfect...there are few of us left.:D Victor:wave:

TrickyV
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Carol....My Dear Carol if that is all it takes to bring a smile and cheer to someone in need then I too am blessed with happiness. I actually work at trying to bring smiles to people. You know, my stock answer to a question "How are you?" is "I woke up this morning ! " It does'nt get any better than that !! I am thrilled that you enjoy the picture. At the moment I am working on a German sheppard 5 mounth old puppy. Carol, keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you're up to ! Victor..:thumbsup: :wave:

brushandknife
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks, Victor. I'm nearly always smiling, but it isn't always so "happy" on the inside! But I find a smile still "feels" better than without. But the smile you gave me just made me "smile" all over! Heehee.
Carol :cat:

Diana Lee
11-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey Victor, do I see a potential self portrait here?

Diana

TrickyV
11-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Diana....Oh please NO... At the pressent I'm working on a doggy portrate. My son bought a 5 mth old pure sheppard and he is so beautiful with a disposition to match so I have started a scratchboard of him. Will post when finished just to be mean . Victor :D :D :lol:

Mary Woodul
11-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Victor that is a great photo and I agree with Diana, sometime I hope you do consider using the reference as a self portrait.

Diana, what a fantastic cat. That is an amazing piece of art. It makes you want to hug that cat.

loggah
11-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Fantastic job on this! I salute you!

Diana....I'ts easy...I just don't show you the whole studio. When I built the studio (8 x 12) feet that is, a 2 x 8 ft. was built in with folding doors to hide the mess.

Great idea, too. However, my studio is 14' wide and 28' long. If I put the doors about 4 feet inside the entrance, I might have a chance of hiding the mess! :)

Cheryl

Rodman
12-15-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm KNOCKED OUT!!!!.....what else can i say with out just going on and on?....very well done...thanks..Rod-Man

Rodman
12-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Victor...Diana Lee's Idea is great..you should draw YOU!!!

objectivistartist
12-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Talking to yourself, or to the work is fine - tho it'd be more interesting to have a 'Wilson" hanging near you to speak to... :lol:

Bertoni
12-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Diana:
What a fine looking kitty!!!:clap: I like that reflection a lot! Makes the scratch really interesting!
Bertoni (Love them kitties!!)