PDA

View Full Version : Ever Try Home Decor as 2nd Category on Ebay?

Paintbrush74
03-30-2002, 09:49 PM
Has anyone ever tried Home and Garden/Home Decor/Wall Decor as a second category in Ebay? I hear about paintings and self-representing artists....I just listed one with Home and Garden as the 2nd category.

timelady
03-31-2002, 06:19 AM
Let us know how it goes... it seems a logical category depending on how people look for their art. I visited 3 small galleries in town on Friday and all of them had a magazine cover framed that featured their artists, mags like Interiors and home decorating ones. One artist's painting was in one of their sample rooms. I reeeally wonder how they get in there! :)

Tina.

Paintbrush74
03-31-2002, 01:50 PM
Okay, I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Been rather depressed about ebay lately.... My art too often goes for 9.99, or 10 or 11 dollars. Makes me think I'm not so good...but I know that's not it! :D

Lenora_D

timelady
04-02-2002, 04:10 AM
Well, I've decided to join you and give it a go! Cross-listed one in self-representing and home decor-wall decor-other. Cross-listed another in self-representing and collectables-new artists. Heehee, not sure I'm really collectable but...:D

Tina.

BRIDGES
04-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Can you give the ebay numbers went there and 10-12 pages!.wuld like to see.thanks Bridges

timelady
04-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Well, my auctions aren't done yet but with 2 days left my hits are no higher on the items in two categories as those in one. The one that I featured in the category has LOADS more hits though. (no bids though). Food for thought...

As for finding auctions, many of us are using "wetcanvas" in our descriptions if you do a search. :)

Tina.

Paintbrush74
04-06-2002, 10:49 PM
This one was under paintings and under self-representing:
Brilliant Yellow Flowers in Vase Oil Lenora_D (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=855003603&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1)

This one was under self-representing and home and garden/home decor/wall decor/wall hangings:Floral Oil Flowers Lenora_D Still L (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=855031106&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1)

They both sold, but as Carly says, the presence and recognition are important, and I don't have it at this time.

4kids
04-19-2002, 12:12 AM
yikes. i never list in self rep artist category! However, i always do list in 2 categories ...those 2 that seem to fit my works subject matter the closest. For example, if it is a painting of, say, flowers...sometimes i will list in 'garden decor' or something like that.
I've been most blessed in that 100% of my stuff has sold.

kjsspot
04-19-2002, 12:46 AM
4kids, why do you never list in Self Rep?

And I'd love to see some of your work. What is your ebay id?

BRIDGES
04-19-2002, 07:57 AM
Paintbrush, your paintings looked vey nice. and it is a way to getting started out there. on ebay.But the self repr. area seems to do well. Now others will come to find you.probably since you sold. you didn't get a lot, but as I said,it is a start some where. I would have never looked on "decor" because think of that as not real art. Always so many prints. But will look from now on. Good luck. Bridges

4kids
04-19-2002, 09:22 AM
kjsspot ... well, i think the main reason i don't list in self rep is because my work is more..commercial...and my 'market', as it were, is really more those looking for home decor type art, not neccessarily true 'art collectors'.

pampe
05-05-2002, 03:19 PM
what do you do to become a self-representing artist????

kjsspot
05-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Pampe, a self rep artist is simply an artist that is selling their art without a middleman. IOW, the art is being sold by the ARTIST and not by a gallery or agent.