PDA

View Full Version : Newest (and 3rd ever) painting. Apples on a chair.

Rulizabeth
11-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi everyone. I declared this one finished because I was a bit tired of it at the time, but I would still like some critique. I love some parts and then some things just don't look quite right...perhaps it is too centered? Also, I know there is a strange color blotch in the lower middle section. This is my first still life and it is just three apples on a cloth on a chair. Sorry about the glare on the left hand side. I'm still trying to figure out how I can take better pictures of my paintings. It's 14"x10" on a canvas panel.
Ruth

Margaret 59
11-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Well I can't see anything wrong with it, it looks fine.

dreamz
11-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Looks good to me to, very nice work especially for just a 3rd

RobS
11-01-2006, 03:26 AM
yet another one, you work fast :lol: like I posted with your first painting, you can spice it up by throwing in more colors, different blues, purple's reds yellows, just keep the colorschema consistent.....
good luck!!
Rob

megwolfe
11-01-2006, 03:33 AM
I agree, I think it looks just fine. I wouldn't do any serious alterations to this one, your rendering is too nice. Maybe for the next painting you could group together two of your apples, and put the third out by itself to make it a little more dynamic? Or just make sure that the apples aren't as evenly spaced apart, if you don't want to group them. :) That's pretty much it. Otherwise, you really made those reds pop! I also like how you indicated the bars of the chair with the folds. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Bertoni
11-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Ruth:
A nice first still life!! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:
And welcome to Wet Canvas!!!

idcrisis55
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh yes, a very nice first still life. I like the way you did the folds and the shine on the apples.

Ann

tumteetum
11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Ruth - i found this article from Scott really useful for tips on photographing your work:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/15/105/

Looking forward to seeing more :)