PDA

View Full Version : Gouache - pumpkin time

pinkrybns
10-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Gouache and Pen & ink
Fabriano wc paper - cold pressed
7"x5"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Oct-2006/22382-web_pumpk-and-gourd-gouache.jpg

And

Happy Halloween! - in small Moleskine, gouache, pen & ink
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Oct-2006/22382-web_halloween-mug.jpg

C & C appreciated ( if you think they're yucky, then say so! lol)

:wave:
Judy
C & C appreciated

Sonia
10-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Definitely not yucky - I like the pumpkins for the richness of the colours and the pencil mug for its sketchy quality. The pen work goes well with the gouache.

pinkrybns
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Thank you Sonia :)

Yep, I seem to like to add the ink with the gouache. I was trying to fight that the past few weeks, but I really like the look..so I ain't fighting no more.

:D

andymathis
11-01-2006, 11:40 AM
love the color- esp the pumpkins.

Meisie
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
The pumpkins are simply GORGEOUS!!! the ink with the gouache seems a perfect fit for you, the results are stunning.

pinkrybns
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks Andy and Meisie. :)

I like blue/orange complements... not everyone does, however.

JamieWG
11-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Judy, 'so nice to see these here as well, so I get to comment again! I love the ink too. Glad you're not giving that up. ;)

Do you do a Dutch Thanksgiving too? :D

Jamie

pinkrybns
11-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Do you do a Dutch Thanksgiving too? :D
Jamie Well yes, I do an "American Thanksgiving in Holland" with 90% Dutch ingredients (the mini-marshmallows and pure vanilla come from the US .. lol ). I also get my cranberries from Friesland - they're grown there, cool huh?. So I guess that makes it a "Dutch" Thanksgiving Day ("Dankgevendag" :lol: :lol: ). It's not a holiday here, of course, so no day off for the Dutch family, but they get to eat ... lots & lots!! :smug: :smug: And there is soccer (voetbal) on TV , so I guess that subs for all the football games in the states...hahaha!!

I also do the feasts on Christmas Day and Tweede Kerstdag (2nd Christmas Day) and I make the traditional Dutch Oliebollen on New Years Eve....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2006/22382-oliebollen.jpg
... uhh, if not in my studio, you can find me in my tiny kitchen. :p

Shall I reserve you a place, Jamie? Will that be two or three for dinner? :D :D

Judy

Meisie
11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Oliebollen? :eek: I'll be there for New Year's....I'll bring the fireworks ;)

RobinZ
11-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Why are you fighting the ink? I love it! I've seen it tight and controlled and loose and expressive like yours are. Don't fight what feels right for ya!!

pinkrybns
11-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Why are you fighting the ink? Oh, I suppose it never hurts to question myself...or fight with myself... LOL helps me to understand myself (not always easy to do).

I love it! I've seen it tight and controlled and loose and expressive like yours are. Don't fight what feels right for ya!! Thanks! :)