PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the 1st snow

Laura Tasheiko
10-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi all
I paint landscapes mostly, and haven't painted any figures in quite a few years. I thought I'd give it a try in this quick study on gessoed Arches. It's 11"x14".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Oct-2006/6031-MidAutumn.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated. Laura

Charlie's Mum
10-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Nothing wrong with the figure Laura, though you could continue the late sun highlight on the trousers also - contrast the light and shade of her more throughout (some darker blue, for instance, in the jacket).
I'd also like to see the highlight colour used elsewhere to tie in the whole comp. ........ because I think the colour of the sun would touch everything :D

Welcome - or welcome back - to the forum :D

Laura Tasheiko
10-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Thank you, Maureen. I'm hoping to have more time to spend here at WC now that the season is changing. Laura :)

gaykir
10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Laura, I love the pensive feel to this! Very nicely done. :clap: :clap:

I had to laugh though since I just posted one in the "What's on your easel" thread saying how gorious it was here in Dallas today and remembering why I left Chicago!! Waiting for snow is why!!
Gayle

Laura Tasheiko
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, Gayle, winter is definately something to reckon with! ...lol Lot's of preparation in the months before, then you just wait for it to hit. I guess that can make some folks that have to deal with it a little pensive. Laura

bistus
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
I really like the mood in this!

kmb_art
10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
This is a very nice painting. I once spent a winter in northern Maine. We moved there from N.C. and the amount of snow was unbelievable.

Kathleen