PDA

View Full Version : Akua-Kolor water-based ink

Gisela
03-29-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi guys,
Has anyone here tried these monotype inks? I heard about these on a watercolor mailing list. They are water-based, but kind of greasy (description from mftr. site -- whatever that means) and don't dry quickly. They claim at the site that you can use these with dry paper. They also come in a pen form with different tips available.

They sound pretty interesting. They are also very expensive! I'd like to try them, but I'm hoping some here has some experience with these before I invest that much $$$.

The company that makes these is also developing a line of water-based, non-toxic intaglio inks. All they have so far is black, but colors are coming. This idea -- I really like! I'm going to send for the sample size of the black and report back. Imagine, just rinsing out your tarletan and re-using it... :)

Here's the site, if someone else would like to take a look;
http://www.waterbasedinks.com/about.html

Gis

sassybird
04-08-2002, 02:55 PM
No experience with them here, Gisela. They sound interesting, but if I ask to buy any more art supplies right now Dave will shoot me and leave me tied down in the desert to be tortured by ground squirrels:D Let me know if you get any, and how they turn out.

Gisela
04-08-2002, 05:02 PM
LOL Sassy!

Sigh -- it looks like it's up to me then...gee I hate buying new art supplies...NOT!!! :D

Gis

chris 97
04-25-2002, 11:55 AM
sounds very interesting (i ordered a catalog). does sound pricey for 4 oz bottles,and you think for that price they could include the flip top cap!
thanks for sharing the info. i look forward to hearing about the results you have.