MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-23-2006/92688_DSC_0005.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created: 2006
Dimension: largest bead is 16mm diameter
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I've been lampworking for about 4 months and I finally made some jewelry with my beads!!! This is my first bracelet and pair of earings. The set is a birthday gift for my mother in law.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would love to have some feedback on the beads and on the jewelry composition. I haven't made jewelry with anything other than stones and silver before so working with my own glass beads was a bit more challenging. I tried to compliment the glass beads without distracting from them. Thanks for your input.

B-Todd
10-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I think you did a wonderful job! :clap: :clap: That earring set is just WOW.:thumbsup: You should post them in the S&T so everyone can see them.

delicateweasel
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Only 4 months? They're wonderful!!!

killerbeedz1
11-05-2006, 01:56 AM
I think you did a wonderful job. I redid your photo for you. Your picture needed to be a brighter so you can see more detail.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Nov-2006/38536-92688_DSC_0005_fix.jpg

lizajayne
11-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Generally, I like the combination of colors and the construction of the pieces are great. My only comment is this: Almost all the beads, though not symmetrical or matching in any way other than color combination, look perfectly in place except for the last 2 closest to the open end of the toggle clasp. Those last two are completely different in shape and size from the rest and I find it just slightly distracting. Granted, you won't see all of them at one time when wearing it, it's just my constructive criticism. Don't take it too harshly, it's just something that stuck out at me.

And one small note. Please make sure that your dots are melted down to at least half, with no undercutting, or you run the risk of them being knocked off. This risk is especially high on bracelets.

mixednut
11-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Congrats on your first piece. I like the set I do agree with the melting suggestion though that would be terrible to ruin the bracelet if they came lose.