PDA

View Full Version : The 50's

ponting
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
His is a fun painting of things for sale outside a little '50's' shop in Ft. Langley, BC. I spied it a couple of years ago and am not even sure it's still there.

This will be my second acrylic in some time now. That medium kind of got put on the back burner for the past few years while I concentrated on my pastels.

I consider this a still life and it's 20 by 30 on canvas. It will be a slow watch as it is taking me forever to get back in the groove but I'm hoping to have it done for my upcoming show.

Here is the photo or a couple of photos that I have morphed together.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2006/34523-Ft-Langley-50sWC.jpg

I have worked in a few darks here just to fill in the canvas...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2006/34523-Background-WC.jpg

I'm working it just as I do my pastels...from top to bottom for the most part.

Here's where I am now with the top quarter fairly well done....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2006/34523-WIP_top_quarter.jpg

And here is a closer look at the two halves of that quarter.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2006/34523-WIP-Nascar-tray.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2006/34523-WIP-top-right.jpg

It will take me a while to get back to you. There are still a few reflections to place in the glass once I am finished the props.

Cheers, Dianna and thanks for looking :wave:

Lady Carol
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Dianna, this is so interesting already.

gurleygirl
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow!!!!!
Tracey

pearl_verde
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Im a big fan of the 50's even though I am a youngun' :) I like this, LOVE the subject matter and am really liking the way you are handling this so far.

sir_real
10-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Photorealism rocks so hard! *drools* nice!

tumteetum
10-24-2006, 04:28 AM
This is wonderful! I love the subject and arrangement too. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing more.

Charlie's Mum
10-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Great morphing!
Interesting still life,
Super work so far (of course!)

Thanks for showing us how you approach an acrylic Dianna ......... keep in touch! :D

Jon
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Dare I say that those stools bring back vivid memories of the soda fountain in the drugstore of my youth?? :) The difference is that our place had red tops on the stools, which I believe had been originally built in the 30's.
Looking forward to following this.

valchina612
10-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow Dianna, this is looking great so far. I am looking so forward to your updates. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

ponting
10-24-2006, 11:10 AM
H y'all :wave: Thanks so much for stopping by to take a looky see. Yes...who of us doesn't like the 50's? A lot of us must if they can have whole stores dedicated to it. :lol:

In any event, I have been diligently working but I'm as slow as molasses when it comes to acrylic. I know that in one third of the time I could have it done and hung with pastels but I must persevere if I don't want to fuss with glass. God willing, I will get faster. :lol: I will post my meager results shortly. :o

Cheers, Dianna

ponting
10-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Well you can see my first stool in the background here but I want to show you what happens when you spend too much time alone staring at your work.

I found Joan of Arc merrily riding through my painting. And don't ask!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2006/34523-roflbo_emoticon.gif

Do you see her????

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2006/34523-Joan-of-Arc-WC.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2006/34523-Joan-of-Arc-red.jpg

Okay Dianna....Back to work. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2006/34523-crack_the_whip.gif Did I tell you that this is the last piece for my solo show and time is running out? Oh..and since you really couldn't see that Nascar tray...here it is...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2006/34523-nascar-tray.jpg

Cheers, Dianna

alfredart
10-24-2006, 01:04 PM
As with all your works, this is going to be nothing short of fantastic.

Peace,
AL

dreamz
10-24-2006, 01:39 PM
awe inspiring

amaze_1101
10-24-2006, 02:57 PM
:eek: :eek: So far I'm SPEECHLESS!!! :eek: :eek:

rmc
10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
:eek: :eek: So far I'm SPEECHLESS!!! :eek: :eek:
So am I - - awesome work Diane - you are an inspiration!

dlarson
10-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Beautiful work as usual

Dave

pearl_verde
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
This is really coming along very nicely! I am impressed!

Bertoni
10-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Diana:
Your work is incredible! :thumbsup: Am following the WIP and can't wait to see more!!:clap:

Morris T. Howard
10-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Dianna,

You know that you are a great artist. I know this will be another great Ponting masterpiece.:clap: :clap:

Morris

Julissa
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
This is coming along beautifully, looking forward to seeing the end result. :D

idcrisis55
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Just popped into the Forum for a few minutes and saw your thread. This coming along marvelous. Love the close ups you are sharing.

Ann

ponting
10-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Thank you one and all for visiting and spurring me on. :clap: I should be loving every minute of this painting since it's exactly what I love to do but alas, it seems to be work. It must be because it's at the end of a very long haul and I'm ready for a big nap....several days worth of naps in fact!! :p Still stiving for my 30 pictures in 30 days though I think I have run over the dealine. This will be the last for my solo show and though I will have to take some time off to frame those other paintings, I think I may still have time to finish this one by the 4th. We will see. I can paint today before I have to hit the framing room.

See you soon and thanks so much. Cheers, Dianna :wave:

Jackie339
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
YOU TRULY INSPIRE ME, LOVELY WORK! I can see only sparse drawings on your postings,I'm interested as to whether you paint most of it w/o a drawing or what, could you please tell me more about your approach. Oh and please keep posting as you go along, I love to learn!

M Douglas
10-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Wonderful work as always Dianna. I'm looking forward to seeing this one as I just missed seeing the Apple Lady at the Gallery by a few hours. I need to do two small acrylic paintings (due in Nov.) and have been putting it off, after working in pastels for so long acrylics seem so slow lol. So I am hoping seeing yours will be my inspiration lol.

Melodie

Faded
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
This is amazing, thanks for the w.i.p. :)
-David

ponting
10-26-2006, 05:11 PM
YOU TRULY INSPIRE ME, LOVELY WORK! I can see only sparse drawings on your postings,I'm interested as to whether you paint most of it w/o a drawing or what, could you please tell me more about your approach. Oh and please keep posting as you go along, I love to learn!

Hi everyone...I'm not usually this negligent in responding to posts but life is a crush right now between getting out both e-invitations and real invitations, framing....yah yah...you know the lines...:lol:

Jackie..heaven forbid that I should ever paint anything detailed without a drawing!! I couldn't handle the tension :eek: :lol: Simple still lifes and landscapes maybe but nothing like this. I do all my drawing for any medium on a separate sheet of paper and transfer it either in total or in stages depending on the medium. Watercolour of course is all at once but pastel and acrylic are in stages. It's a close as I can get to freeing myself up. If the complete drawing is on my paper or board to begin with, I find myself having to say inside the lines but if they're not there that is a different situations and I can put in my darks and sub layers without worrying about losing all of that work. So when I transfer the drawing it is just the areas that are important to keeping me on track. I do ad lib in the heat of the moment but I pretty well stick to what I have worked out.

Thanks every one for the great comments...I will post my meager addition to what you have seen already. I changed the refections on the stool quite a lot as they read very weirdly in the photo. I've got a bit of a kiss happening between the tray and the clock frame...will see how that looks later as I could layer the clock over the tray if need be. Other than that, I think I got the oval not too bad and will go on the the washed out Coke sign beside it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2006/34523-Clock-Pepsi-WC.jpg

Cheers, Dianna

Lady Carol
10-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Progress is looking good. Thanks for the explanation as to how you approach your paintings. As for the kiss between the tray and the clock, that may not be a problem when all is said and done.

Jackie339
10-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the explanation Dianna. It makes a lot of sense to just transfer the part you're working on, I can't tell you how thats frustrated me to diligently transfer my drawing only to lose it under glazes. How do you reposition the drawing back? Do you use crosshairs. And what do you use to transfer. I use Saral transfer paper because thats what I have but it smudges terribly. I love your themes and the way they're photographed with lovely shadows. Do you use your own photos? I Can't wait to see it finished. If you offered a course I'd take it!

ponting
11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Thank you Carol...yes we will just wait and see. I like that!! :)

And Jackie...let's see here....How do I reposition my drawing?....well I do use the cross hairs on my pastels but on the canvas I find the best way is just to lay the canvas face down over the drawing and trim it to size then I can just line it up with the sides. I only need an approximation to work with so it it's a bit off, unlike pastels...it doesn't matter here.

I transfer with stick pastel rubbed on the back of the drawing and redraw shapes that need altering like the oval directly on the canvas with a General white charcoal pencil or I could just use a white charcoal pencil if I owned one.

And last but not least, I do use my own photos 90% of the time. However I have painted quite a few from the IRL when I am in my panic mode as I am now with the deadline is fast approaching or when you see something that just HAS to be painted. :lol: It's a great thing to fall back on....however as you get better known, it it's not such a great thing to have many copies of the same image out there so I try to wean myself whenever possible. The same thing goes for posting my photos to the IRL. You will notice that I have very few and that is because I want to be sure I am finished with them myself and the paintings are well sold before I share them for everyone to use. I never use IRL photos to enter competitions. I think it would be horrifying to find three entries the same. :eek:

Well the rest of my paintings are at the gallery so I am free to work on this one so it's back to work and thanks for the questions. :wave:

Cheers, Dianna :cat:

krpolak
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Considering your folio I though the first image was actual painting :)

Thanks for sharing, its interesting to see how this developes and I will be hapy to take a look at final one :)

Regards,

K.Polak

ponting
11-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Considering your folio I though the first image was actual painting :)

Such confidence in me :p Thanks K

Well I finally got back to this and was hoping to get finished it by tomorrow evening....doesn't look likely but I will work diligently anyway. :rolleyes:

Here is what I got done yesterday and this morning

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2006/34523-50s-bottom-window.jpg

I had originally done the Coke sign lighter as it's quite washed out in the photo but didn't like it so I darkened it. I think the James Dean writing should be more sun bleached and if I get time when I'm done I may do that.

I hope you enjoy it....back to the easel.

Cheers, Dianna

rmc
11-02-2006, 11:19 PM
My goodness Dianna - how do you do the lettering so perfectly???
I am fascinated how you work things up so completely in bits rather the advancing the whole painting a bit at a time - amazing work

ponting
11-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi Ruth...the lettering...well it's just a bit of back and forth....a little red than correct it with white...then correct that with red....:lol: Eventually it has to work out. I can see now that my one "N" needs a little straightening. It's great to get to look at it on the screen....different perspective.

The working a piece at a time is a carry over from the way that I do my pastels....completely finishing the areas from top left corner kater corner across to the bottom right. That keeps my hands out of the mess. I guess old habits die hard.

Cheers, Dianna :wave:

Jackie339
11-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info Dianna. I will try using pastels to transfer the drawing for the painting I'm working on.

Leslie Pz
11-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Very nice and interesting idea! Love the colors. Eager to see more.

wintersrose
11-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Wow, Dianna - this is so great! I wish I'd seen this thread sooner! I'm just a "young-'un" too, but there is an actual working soda fountain in my hometown at which I worked for a few years and this brings back a lot of great memories.:) I believe it was established in 1928. Still a great hangout for the kids.

Thank you for sharing your techniques with us! I always became so frustrated because I would lose my drawing under my first layer of paint and it was by guess and by gosh from there on out. being able to transfer the drawing as I go will be such a bonus!

Good luck with everything! It's been a while since I've experienced a time squeeze like you are, but I can definitely relate. Try not to burn yourself out. :rolleyes:

ponting
11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Thank you Leslie and Rosalie....yes I'm on the home stretch thank goodness. Too much stress. Just walls, concrete and stools left to do with a few paper products just to test my metal. :p Me thinks it will be another late night.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Nov-2006/34523-Table-WC.jpg

Cheers and thanks for stopping by...Dianna :cat:

*Marina*
11-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Good luck with the finishing, Dianna. Have been following this thread with interest. Curious to see it all combined. It looks great so far. Just as beautiful as your lovely pastels.

objectivistartist
11-03-2006, 06:40 PM
While the technique is supurb, this strikes me as 'cluttered', unlike others of your work... is there a reason for this?

Robert

ponting
11-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Hello Marina...how great to run across you in this forum. Are you giving your pastels a rest? :p

Robert....cluttered is a great description of this painting. :lol: It's not meant to be one of my pretty pictures. Don't you ever get the urge to just paint a bunch of junk where compostion, colour scheme or any other elements don't matter? It's such fun. I have to break out and do one of these at least ever couple of years or I would go nuts :lol: I have tons of junk pictures just waiting for me....tools, nuts and bolts in odd containers, sewing supplies...you get the picture....junk. :D

Actually the 'clutter' even got to me a smidge on this one. Last night I searched both my house and the web for an old White Spot menu I have here somewhere as a substitue for the busy tin box on the table but ran out of time so just went for it.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

Cheers, Dianna

Phantelope
11-03-2006, 10:02 PM
this is stunning, and so much fun to see in stages! Your use of color and light is especially amazing! Do you mix most colors yourself? Fantastic work, I'd love to see the exhibition, maybe you can post some pictures?

Oliver

ponting
11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Thank you so much Oliver. I will be posting the show to my web site in about a week's time. It will be mixed in with all my other work but it will be there. :D

Andun
11-05-2006, 03:17 AM
:wave: Hi Diana
I think I remember that shop! I bought a pink Elvis clock for my buddy Jack there! You really have captured that shop's window!:thumbsup: It might be fun for you but for me it is stunning:clap: :clap: :clap:
Tony

Morris T. Howard
11-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Hi Dianna,

I was looking for you in the pastel forum but remembered you were here.:) Your painting is coming along pretty cool. You are so masterful. I'll keep checking back.:wave:

Morris

ponting
11-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi Tony...Hi Morris. Nice to hear from you both again. I will have to look for the clock Tony as Lorraine is having a 'gathering' for Jack's 60th in a couple of weeks. Guess Japan is a little far for popping over. :lol:

Well I didn't get finished in time so I just framed it and hung it with a sign "work in progress" but I forgot to take a photo before I did that so will have to see about taking on today so you can see how far I make it.

Thanks Melody for stopping by and checking it out in person!!

funkie
11-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Just wanted to tell you Diana that I saw this today in the gallery and was blown away and not just with this one. I saw one of them go out the door while I was there so congratulations on that one. It was difficult to see what needed finishing at first and if the papers on the stool where done, I don't think anyone else would notice since there were several people make comments along that line. I hope I can get back to see it when it hangs completed.

Good luck on the show and thanks for this great WIP

Mags :thumbsup:

ponting
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much Mags for taking the time to go down and see my show. That's so nice of you! I noticed myself how many people didn't seem to see that it was unfinished down past the stool seats. I guess it's because there isn't really anything of interest down there and with it blocked in, your eye only skims over it. An interesting observation for future projects. :p

Cheers, Dianna :cat:

diash
11-19-2006, 09:04 AM
I was looking for your work in the pastel forum and caught up with this fine work. You really are inspirational Dianna and I must keep checking back to see what you have on your easel.

Roger Evans
11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Holy cow! I just stumbled upon this thread. What size is this paintin, woman? I am amazed at the level of detail you get and, as you know, I am a detail junkie. What I've seen so far is stunning. Do you have a shot of the finished piece? More, more, I want mooooore......

idylbrush
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Makes me feel like I am painting with a pitch fork.

(Slinks away shaking head in total amazement)

mudslinger
11-20-2006, 06:28 AM
heh- i know the feeling...:rolleyes::lol:

ponting
11-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh how negligent I am. Tsk tsk!!

Hi Diana...How great to hear from you!! I hope to pop over to the pastel forum and see how things are going within the next 10 days. Just cleared about havd my pallet cleared then will coast into Christmas!! Will PM you soon. :D

Howard and Mudslinger....thanks so very much for your kind words...they are so much appreciated. Acrylic is something I'm not totally comfortable with so I will take all of the feedback I can get.

I'm still debating on this one whether or not I should have left the tilt on the table. I righted it by a couple of degrees but since it's a sidewalk item, didn't want it perfectly straight. I won't change at this late stage but once it's finished will decide whether or not I would make the same decision in a future similar situtation.

I will be picking this up at the gallery early next week and as soon as I am finished the pastel I am working on, I will get back to finishing this. Sorry that I forgot to take a WIP photo for you all before I sent it off.

...And Roger thanks so much for taking the time away from your cowboy to pop in. In answer to your question...it's on a 20 x 30 inch canvas.

See you soon.......cheers, Dianna

artjunkie101
11-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow, this looks fantastic so far! Very inspiring--thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Andun
11-25-2006, 04:14 AM
Hi Diana,
It is really coming together beautifully.I am sorry I missed Jack's 60th.I hope you had a good time.
Tony

Leslie Pz
11-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Dianna~
This piece is very amazing. What a treat to see it coming together. All that detail -- you are the goddess of composition! Caps off my tubes of paint to you!!!

Thank you for sharing your progress! The piece is truly a great one to watch as it comes together.

birdlady
03-20-2007, 11:59 AM
gosh dern was checking your threads and came across this one .. .did u finish it Dianna would love to see it

Laurie

hoofty
03-20-2007, 01:57 PM
What wonderful memories you bring back to me...... I can't wait to see more.
Fantastic work.

ponting
03-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Claire, Tony, Leslie, Laurie and Edna - Thanks so much for prodding me to life on this one. It is now on my easel again and though I may not get to it for a week or so....at least it's there! Step one!!
I can't believe it's been four months and the worst of it is that my "stay-wet" palette is still in the beer fridge awaiting my return :eek: I hate to look :lol:

Well this is how far I took it before I ran out of time. The bottom third was just blocked in. The stool shapes still need a little fine tuning and the colours in this photo aren't the best here but you get the picture. :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2007/34523-the-fifties-blocked-base.jpg

I framed it and hung it in the exhibition as a WIP which proved to be interesting. I don't think many would have even noticed the state of the bottom if I had gotten the chance to finish the papers on the stool. That was the only thing that drew their attention to the lower half since all the interest is in the top anyway. I any event here is where it sits awaiting my brush.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2007/34523-the-fifties-blocked-in-sm.jpg

Cheers, Dianna

Andun
03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Diana,
Nice to see you here again.Hope all is well in Aldergrove.
Tony

ponting
12-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Well here I am, 14 months later and I have finally finished this baby. Not for lack of want but of time. Thanks to everyone who took an interest in this piece and for those who nudged me via email. :lol:

Cheers, Dianna

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2007/34523-The-Fifties-top.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Dec-2007/34523-The-Fifties-bottom.jpg

Lulu
12-27-2007, 12:46 AM
oh wow, this is just so amazing!!! glad you got to finish it, it's surely a winner - for the next exhibition:)

nithya_swamy
12-27-2007, 12:59 AM
WOW!
And I thought you work magic only with pastels! Such a mindblowing piece. Am so glad you updated this thread, else I would not have seen such a gem. Thank you :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:

~~Kathleen
12-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I am astounded!
And Speechless.
Wonderful art!
~~Kathleen

Andun
12-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Astonishing finish Diana:thumbsup: I am sure this one too will end up in a museum! Thank you so much for emailing some of my work to Jack and Lorraine:D Happy New Year 2008 to you and Dan:wave:

Beautiful_Butterflies_Studio
12-27-2007, 02:11 AM
AMAZING - this is sooooo ultra-realistic, t's amazing!

Vanilla_au
12-27-2007, 02:23 AM
WOW fantastic work... :)

edtree
12-27-2007, 07:53 AM
:wave: Hi Dianna!

It would be difficult to zero in on just a few things that make this a great painting. It's...it's...just, well, EVERYTHING!!!!! :lol: I spent some time studying it at the different stages - appreciating muchly your descriptions of your techniques and the close-ups along the way. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :D

Outstanding painting - Fantastic finish!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth

Linee
12-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Brilliant!

LavenderFrost
12-27-2007, 01:20 PM
The realism is incredible!

Faded
12-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Incredible realism, worth the wait to see :thumbsup:
-David

gaykir
12-27-2007, 08:39 PM
What can I say?? This is amzing!!

ponting
12-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Why thank you one and all. This was a post and run as today was family day for us siblings so I have missed responding to you individually. I was never so happy to be finished a painting as this one. It has been haunting me for the past 6 months or so but I love this time of the year....when I can devote myself to just me and mine and this is the result.

I wish everyone else a healthy, happy and productive New Year! :clap:

Cheers, Dianna:cat:

eyepaint
12-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Very pretty! Happy Holidays to you :) (and watch out for the snowfall!)

ponting
12-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow long time no see!! I guess that's my fault. Yeah!!!...gotta love that snow. Watching it come down right now. :thumbsup:

Cheers and thanks, Dianna

SunsetSue
12-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Absolutely wonderful as all your work is. Outstanding job on this.

*Violet*
12-28-2007, 03:04 AM
omg .... what a thread to find !! ... absolutely facinating from reference to finish ... dianna .... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2007/17813-smiley_bow.gif

fabulous job

ponting
12-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Leah and Sue...thanks ever so much. This has insprired me to move on to something new....and I was in sore need of inspiration. I am off to take advantage of the Year End sales at my local Opus store in hopes of finding some ready-made canvases that suit my next project.

Cheers and thanks again, Dianna :wave:

Tich
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
WOW!! It might have taken a while Diana but it was worth it I can see that. You never fail to amaze me.:thumbsup:

Ta Ta Tich

debsn2paintn
12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm adding another WOW to this thread! Amazing, beautiful work...love it.

jeff m
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
An inspiration to all

ponting
12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Tich, Deb and Jeff, thanks so much for the wonderful words. I have checked out your web site Deb and see that you too do great work. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Dianna

JamieWG
12-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Woohoo! :clap: Dianna, this painting has so much life and sparkle to it! Congratulations on your finish. I know how wonderful it feels to finally get a painting done that's been hanging around the studio awhile. It's a great way to finish off the year. Happy new year!

Jamie

ponting
05-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Thank you so much Jamie....such a complement and especially great coming from you. :D

Cheers, Dianna

tonyjazz
05-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Dianna: You've captured the essence and the color of that 50's era. Very impressive artwork!

ponting
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks Tony....Yah, I remember my parents having counter tops that teal colour with little boomerangs all over them. :lol:

Thanks for stopping by.....Cheers, Dianna :wave:

Breton
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
This is absolutely amazing. Wonderful!

ponting
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Ohh, a romance novelist....and you can design your own covers too...Great stuff. :thumbsup: Thanks for stopping by Laura!!

lorna12
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Dianna:wave:

I found this very late (obviously:D) but read the whole thread and enjoyed all the steps...what a stunning piece! I've always admired your work and this one is no exception!

I just got my newsletter from the Calgary Chapter and saw photos of your workshop there...oh how I wish I could have attended!! The finished piece was just gorgeous! How very generous of you to donate it to the Chapter.
I haven't done much roaming around here at WC! but I'll have to go see some of your other works in the pastel forum.

If you'd like to see a copy of that newsletter I could forward it to you...just pm me your email.

couturej
05-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh Wow! The details are amazing and so realistic! :)

ponting
05-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Hello Janet and Lorna...Hey, always better late than never. :lol:
Thank you ladies and Lorna, Kathy beat you to it. She emailed me with a link this morning. :thumbsup: My hope in donating it was that they night raise money towards bringing in another instructor from afar...sorry you won't be there to take advantage of it. They are such a fun group!! :D

Cheers, Dianna