PDA

View Full Version : First Time posting in this Forum

artbyzoefaragher
10-23-2006, 02:03 PM
OK I've decided to bite the bullett and list some of my recent acrylic paintings, most of the work I do is abstract c & C welcome

the first in Spring Explosion which just sold YIPPY
It measures 60cm x 50cm on Ready To Hang Stretched Canvas - Aztec Metallic Gold have been used to depict the golden trees
Thanks for looking Zoe

Lady Carol
10-23-2006, 02:24 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum Zoe. Another Aussie woo-hoo :clap:

Very nice. I can see why it sold. The splashes of purple add to the depth of the painting and there is a lot of visual interest.

Charlie's Mum
10-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Welcome Zoe - and a lovely painting to kick off with too ....... you should have been posting these long ago!!!!!!!
I do like the forest-feeling here - the gold (must get some!) and the sharp purple - nice contrast!

Chloe_1
10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Very nice painting. Congrats!!

artbyzoefaragher
10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Thank you all so very much, your comments are very encouraging to me. Cheers Zoe

RTT
10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I really like this painting Zoe - the colors, texture, balance. I especially think the patches of purple are just right.
Randy

Serenity
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
OH......this is lovely!!!! The gold and purple really add a richness to the piece....well done ~ :thumbsup:

firebrush
10-24-2006, 01:02 AM
The extensive use of metallic gold is really. . .postmodern, if you can use that word to describe a painting. :cool:

katsarecool
10-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi Zoe, this painting is absolutely fantastic. I love the colors!:clap: &:thumbsup:

spiral_world
10-24-2006, 09:32 AM
very good :thumbsup:
please post more :)
Dragica

valchina612
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM
This is a great painting Zoe. I love the Gold and Purple and the Texture. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Jon
10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
So glad you made the decision to post. This is a lovely piece! I love that 'pop' of purple!

dreamz
10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
you have a fantastic style!

amaze_1101
10-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Zoe

Your work is lovely and rich. A discerning eye wouldn't go past this in a hurry.

artbyzoefaragher
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Firebrush - postmodern umm - I think I need to look that up in a dictionary, I've only been painting for a few years so I'm not very good at art terminology, sounds good tho.
Zoe

so dort
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
OOOOOH, Gold. I like GOLD too. I put gold in almost all of my paintings, whether they need it or not. Your painting is great. I like the contrasts of the gold, purple and red. Makes it very exciting. :) :) :)

All these good Australian painters, must be something in the water.

artbyzoefaragher
10-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks So Dort - another gold person YIPPPY - gold and copper metallic paint - I order almost by the truck load.
Oh and it's not what's in the water in Australia - it's what we put in the water in our glass, LOL> - nothing like a big of gold paint accidently dipped in the water to give you a big of a zing............

LorelieKitty
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I love how the purple and red just pop out at you from behind the gold. The green just kinda, sits back, and holds the rest of it on the canvas. That actually looks alot like some of the wild plants we have here in Tennessee!
It's beautiful!

artbyzoefaragher
11-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Hi all just thought I'd pop back in to let you know this painting recently sold, oh gosh I'm so excited. And I've also become a full time "artist" - kind of forced into it, but I am excited and nervous.
Hope everyone is well and that all American's had an awesome Thanksgiving Day.
Zoe

lightfast
11-24-2006, 03:19 AM
brill job zoe! congrats.

chammi kaiser
11-24-2006, 05:55 AM
Zoe. I am so glad that you posted. Welcome. I so enjoyed your painting.
It is vibrant and exciting . Looking forward to more of your work.CHAMMI

Charlie's Mum
11-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Well done Zoe - congratulations :thumbsup:

artbyzoefaragher
11-30-2006, 04:30 AM
Thank you all so much for your'e support and encouragement. I can see this is a wonderful place to be.

Marge Wms
11-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Howdy, Zoe! Love your painting! I'm an older lady, think I'm even older than Grandma Moses was! Ha! Ha!, but only been painting a few months. I'm with you on the artsy terminology. But I'm learning what it's all about... little by little. I would guess you have been posting in a different forum perhaps? Like the abstract? This would do well in that forum also. It has such a regal feel about it with the colors you've chosen. Your trees are exquisite. Is there really such a golden tree down there? Your painting makes a believer out of me. Gigi

artbyzoefaragher
11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Hello Gigi - you've only been painting a few months - good on you. As far as other forums - I use to post a lot in the watercolor forum ages ago until I decided I preferred using Acrylics - also posted in the Inspirational Forum but I haven't looked at the abstract one - so thanks I'll go and check that out now. Oh and everything is golden down here is Aussie land, hee, LOL Now I'll just get my head back out of the clouds and into reality. I do however love this country heaps. Having said that I haven't been anywhere else since immigrating here from the UK a very long time ago.
Hope you have a fantastic day.