PDA

View Full Version : First post of my art at WC. C&C welcome. 2 Pieces

pearl_verde
10-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Hello all! This is a small painting I made about 6 months ago. Size is something like 6inches wide by 8.2 inches high. One of my first attempts at acrylic painting, (im used to using watercolors) direct painting technique used, no glazes or color build up, just acrylic on paper. I was using the cheapo Daler-Rowney system 3's back then and I used my good kolinskys that I use for watercolor to paint it. (Good thing I didnt know better and rinsed each brush after every brushstroke!) I am very open to critique on both of these! These are both very different from my watercolor work and are two of only three pieces I have done in acrylic.

Nights in Marakesh.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2006/93373-marakesh.jpg

Here is another little piece I did around the same time, same size I think.

Colors of Inspiration
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2006/93373-MACAW2.jpg

Thankyou for looking! :thumbsup:

Keith2
10-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Great pictures - painted with vigour and full of life

gaykir
10-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I really enjoy your dramtic use of color! Thanks for posting.

RTT
10-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Very nice! Both paintings are rich in detail, colors and brushstrokes.
Well Done!
Randy

dreamz
10-22-2006, 03:27 PM
fantastic color in both and the portrait is very well done but I really like the parrot. Hope to see more of your work:thumbsup:

Lady Carol
10-22-2006, 07:12 PM
They are very beautiful and dynamic pieces. Both are treasures intheir own right. I like the little embellishments on the budgie :D (parrot) and the transition of colour. The woman is very regal and the background there works wonderfully.

You should do more acrylic paintins. We have many who have gone over to the dark side from watercolour.

Jon
10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Welcome!
I like the energy in these. Well done!

NaomiThePainter
10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
They're really beautiful! You have a great style.
Loving the detail in the face of the first you posted!

Margaret 59
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I love this style, particularly the lady, and what you do with colours.

chammi kaiser
10-23-2006, 04:24 AM
These are both delightful painted. There is joy and energy in the work . You use of colour is excellent, vibrant and exciting. Put away your Kolinsky brushes and buy some specially for acrylics. Sables are a luxury and can really be ruined by acrylic paints. Thank you so much for posting. I really enjoyed your work and look forward to more. Chammi

crweixelman
10-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Ooh! I like your style. I look forward to seeing more of your acrylics. :)

Albert Wagner
10-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Appears to me to be different views of the same entity. I see them morphing back and forth. Very eye-catching. I like these a lot.

Southafricannovice
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Vibrant and beautiful, full of electricity. Well done, can't wait to see more!:thumbsup: Welcome at WC!:wave:

pearl_verde
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Thankyou everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome! *hugs all* I can't wait to get to know everyone here better and share in this wonderful community. So glad I found WC!!!!

Kerch
10-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Beautiful paintings, so full of colour and movement.

gurleygirl
10-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh Wow!! I love these!!
Tracey

Serenity
10-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I really like your style and use of colour.........looking forward to seeing more of your work. :thumbsup:

Lady Carol
10-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Thankyou everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome! *hugs all* I can't wait to get to know everyone here better and share in this wonderful community. So glad I found WC!!!!
Check us out then in the Quick Dry Cafe (our general chat thread). It can be found at the top of the page.

amaze_1101
10-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi Perle
I do like these. They are kind of wild and lively. My favourite is the Marakesh, lots of great lighting going on there especially in her dress which is dripping in colour. Great work!

pearl_verde
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Thankyou Elaine and Serena! I admit okay...Im a color addict...I dont own alot of tubes of acrylics (probably 10 at most) but if I let myself...I could buy out the store! Thanks so much for looking and for the great encouragement to show more!

DorothyC
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
What exciting and vibrant work you do. :clap: :clap:
I've just come from reading about you in the Quick Dry Cafe and I'm really impressed with your talent. You'll gain all sorts of wonderful ideas from WC.

It took me a couple of years to catch up here and I'm wishing I'd been here when I first signed up by accident!:rolleyes: :lol:

You are doing great things with your limited array of colours. I actually prefer a limited pallete and find although I have heaps and heaps of colours, for every painting I select the range I want and only work with those. That way I don't end up with every painting looking like the same colour scheme or as though I've used every paint in the box!!:lol:

DesertDarlene
10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Your style is unique and vibrant. I really like it.

so dort
10-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome! :wave: Your work is vibrant and very appealing. The motion in the first one looks like one wild party going on. You are definitely not afraid of color. There's a lot of life here. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

pearl_verde
10-25-2006, 12:56 AM
Thankyou so much for Dorothy. :-) Im afraid youve made me blush. :-D Its so nice to be among such great people here, I am wondering how I ever lived without WC!

pearl_verde
10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Thankyou Desert! I love those words. :-D Unique and Vibrant....

pearl_verde
10-25-2006, 12:59 AM
So Dort, thankyou for the comment, hehe, you are the first person to comment on the fact that it looks like there is a wild party going on. :-) That was the intent actually, to attempt to mimick an opium induced dreamlike state. (Though Ive never had pure opium I have been prescribed some of its derivitaves in quantity.)