PDA

View Full Version : Experiment in Perspective (Scratchboard)

TrickyV
10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi Folks...I know I've been away a long time....Times have been very busy. Now that fall is here and the greenhouse is all ready, all the repairs are done , the grass has it's last cut etc, etc. so now I can relax and try to do some drawing. ffew!! Seeing that I am a nutcake for perspective the decision was made to do an ancient castle-church on an 18" x 24" clayboard --the invitation was there to drive me nuts ! However I forged ahead and ran into a miriad of problems . The use of a T square and a long ruler for perspective angles produced a bunch of unwanted scratches. Also a lot of errors were made and had to be painted out creating another set of problems. Consiquently the board was a MESS. The various repair paints never did match the board. Finally bought a blackboard to do the figuring and practicing on. I soon discovered that I could chalk in a design on the scratchboard and wipe it out with no ill effects. So this is the first WIP posting and I'll continue until it ends up as another mess or I do it all over again. Another problem!!! I can't seem to get the picture to put in with this eppistle , Have I been away too long ?............Victor

Vegas Art Guy
10-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I would love to see an image... :D

TrickyV
10-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Vegas Art Guy.....I too would like to see the pic if someone would please tell me how to do it. I used to do it before by clicking on the little mountain icon. But It aint aworkin !!

DBSullivan
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Victor, Nice to see you're back! What's happening when you click on the little mountain icon? A new window should open asking you to browse your pc for the image. Do you have a pop-up stopper that's preventing the window from opening?

TrickyV
10-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Dave...So nice that you are still kicking.... When I even place the curser the arrow turns into a hand, I click and nada happens.:confused:

objectivistartist
10-19-2006, 11:09 PM
whole thing sounds like a scratch-out..... :eek: :lol:

Robert

DBSullivan
10-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Victor, It sounds as if you may have a pop-up stopper on your pc (which won't allow "pop-up" windows). Try holding down the "Ctrl" key on the bottom left of your keyboard when clicking on the mountain icon. (the Ctrl key is usually the standard key to bypass the pop-up stopper programs. Other than that, I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Jakeally
10-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Try this link (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297697) Victor. It might refresh your memory. It does sound like you have a popup stopper on your computer and you will have to turn that off while you are uploading.

You probably don't know that we now have a sub forum in Mixed Media specially for Scratchboard Art (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=347).
I'm sure they would love you to post this over there as well.
I have already moved your scratchboard posts into the sub forum so we can keep everything together in one place.

Great to see you back and I look forward to seeing the WIP:D :wave:

MonicaB
10-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi V. Just because we have a new scratch forum doesn't mean we don't want to see it. :D Both Dave and Chris have given you good advice.

Hubby was just in Kelowna this week, at a company called Sun-Rype. Small world. He said it's hard to get there from here. :D

TrickyV
10-20-2006, 09:32 AM
OK , I'm still trying...........http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2006/62776-DSC_0007.jpg

Jakeally
10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: It looks great to me Victor. Perspective looks spot on:thumbsup:
Yes ... you bet we want to see your posts here. Just wanted to let you know the new sub forum was up and running in case you were interested:cat:

TrickyV
10-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Vegas Art Guy....I'm glad it has been found..enjoy.
Dave...Thanks a bunch for your help and it worked out ok.
Robert....finnaly it worked out as I do not and will not accept failure.
Chris...thank you for the help and comments. Olso for the info about the Scratchboard forum.
Monica...Yes , I agree and I will continue to also post in P&I. It is too bad I did'nt know your hubby was here as we could have given him the grand tour. ! We are quite familiar with Sun-Rype as my sweety used to work there.

Vegas Art Guy
10-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Wow, that looks great. Love the way you set that up. Glad you were able to post the picture. :)

MonicaB
10-20-2006, 02:43 PM
It's awesome, Victor! Glad you could manage to post it. It's really a small world sometimes, isn't it?

Ranger Dan
10-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Looks like a great start Victor. And please keep posting here even if you decide to x-post it in the subforum.

TrickyV
10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Chris....Thank you for the info on the sub forum scratchboard.and also for moving my (stuff) into it. But for the life of me I can not find how to get into it. I did manage to find a list of scratchboard but mine were not there.
Now I'm realy confused ! I would love to continue to also post in the sub forum but ?????????................Victor

MonicaB
10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi Victor, here's a link to the forum, which it sounds like you found. I didn't see your post there either. Maybe Chris didn't move it yet.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=347

Jakeally
10-22-2006, 03:55 AM
The posts are there Victor. Just not on the front page. They get put in date order of when you posted them so they are appearing on earlier pages.
I'll copy this one over there now.
Don't worry you will soon get used to things:D :wave:

Bertoni
10-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi Victor:
Good to see you over here in the Scratchboard Forum. :clap: Welcome!!!
Your experiment is looking great and can't wait to see how it progresses to the finish!!!

Obedec
10-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Victor,
Soo good to see you again. I was hoping you'd pop up with another of your fantastic building...this is a huge piece.
Karen

Mary Woodul
10-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Beautiful work Victor! I was thinking about your work since the Scratchboard forum was approved.