PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 question

CloudyBright
10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Have a quick question. I asked this in digital manip but no one answered, so I thought I'd try here. I just got a new notebook, installed PS CS2 with the Bridge. Everything works fine BUT
When I go to the bridge to view my pictures, JPG OR RAW, I get an icon and not the picture. If I click on the picture it opens just fine but I want the image to appear in the preview. I tried purge cache and that didn't work. I must have something set up wrong. It works fine on my desktop. I know this is a basic question but I'm a newbe to PS. Can anyone guide me here? I want the preview to be a picture not my icon.Thanks in advance, Su

Windy
10-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Su you have to have a bit of patience :) I didn't see your question in manips.

However (I dont like Bridge btw, I go to "File", "Open" and use the Windows Browser to preview), if you open Bridge, then at the top you will see a menu bar, click "View", select "As Thumbnails", you should now have little pics not icons.

CloudyBright
10-21-2006, 08:31 PM
I have view thumbnails checked, doesn't change anything. I need to find out how to get to the opening screen that lets you associate extensions with programs and I can't find it. Any ideas?
Thanks for answering......Su

Windy
10-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Su I did a bit of web surfing to see if I could find the reason ... the only things I could come up with were, that you may be lacking in system resources. The file associations in Bridge are found in Edit>Preferences

Rich
10-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Su I did a bit of web surfing to see if I could find the reason ... the only things I could come up with were, that you may be lacking in system resources. The file associations in Bridge are found in Edit>Preferences

I agree with Wendy. I looked around on my CS2 for an answer in "help" and also surfed the web for help...no luck. I agree that if you don't have enough memory, I have 768 Mb of RAM, and windows is always increasing my virtual memory when I have both CS2 and the bridge open. I usually do as Wendy does, file>open.

I am going to remove your thread in the manip forum since this is the place for your question.

CloudyBright
10-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks all, I found the answer. I have more than enought memory but what I did was install my programs on my new computer and forgot to upload all the upgrades. Once I upgraded both programs, CS2 and the Bridge, I was back in business. Thanks for taking the time to try to research for me. I was going crazy on the Adobe forums, till I found someone else who said they couldn't view the thumbnails. They were told to upgrade. Than the lightbulb went off and I realized I hadn't put the new upgrades in. Thanks again to all of you. Su

Windy
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Phew Su, at least it is nothing serious. :) Glad you got it sorted.

damar
10-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Congrats on the new notebook with CS2!!!!