PDA

View Full Version : Desert ACEO

DesertDarlene
10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Hello!

I've been doing a bunch of these and I thought I show off one that I finished just about ten minutes ago.

I've been posting these in the miniature forum, but have not been getting a whole lot of response. I've noticed that people post ACEOs here, too.

This was done with acrylics on an unknown type of cardstock, probably extra-thick watercolor paper.

Charlie's Mum
10-20-2006, 03:14 PM
It's a lovely mini!
Didn't realise the forum there was quiet - that's 'cos I haven't been there for ages! :lol:

I like the colours here - very hot! ........ and the mammoth resting and shading his eyes :lol::lol:.

Bertoni
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
The Miniature Forum has been a bit quiet lately, but the ACEO SubForum that's part of it is alway quite active!!!!
Love the color in the desert! Nice job!!!!:clap:

dreamz
10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
what is ACEO?? This is a charming little painting

Margaret 59
10-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Charming and good colours too. :thumbsup:

Lady Carol
10-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Absolutley ACEOs are posted here and we enjoy them immensely. I love the mood you have captured and the cohesive colours you have used. A very enjoyable piece to view.

DesertDarlene
10-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone. Much appreciated. I just wasn't getting a whole lot of response over in the ACEO forum, though I love to look and comment from time to time.

Dreamz, ACEO stands for "Art Card Editions and Originals". It's basically an ATC, or Art Trading Card that is usually sold. They can be of any medium or subject, but must fit a certain size--2.5" x 3.5". If I am wrong about this, as I am new to ACEOs, someone please correct me. Thanks for looking!

I'm off to do another one.

DesertDarlene
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
I did this one as well. I used a template to cut the cardstock, but when I put it in my card holder, it was not the right size. It is slightly fatter and shorter than my other ACEOs, so I guess I can call it a miniature.

But, here it is. It was meant to be an ACEO.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Oct-2006/66688-Untitled1.jpg