PDA

View Full Version : The Four Seasons

dk_art
03-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Well I finally got it all ready and put together. I started this last fall and it's comprized of 4 canvases all joined together (I put a note on back warning not to never display these as separate items because they are one work). It's the Four Seasons and shows one continuous landscape which changes between the four canvases. The whole thing is 24" x 56" which is fairly big for me :)

I started it with all canvases joined just temporarily on back with wood strips and nails. After a rough outline drawn in yellow paint lines, I separated them and worked on each separately.

Here's a wider view ... http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/paintings/Four_seasons.jpg

james.bishop
03-28-2002, 03:19 AM
This is very very nice. I've been having a little look round your web site and I really like your style.

Your approach to the four seasons as a continuity is spot on. A real success this one. Well done!

-James

gentleartist
03-28-2002, 04:35 AM
This painting really works for me...the continuity is unobtrusive and gentle, yet distinct...the imagery glows as it flows....nice work!

Calimade
03-28-2002, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy this painting! Very nice work....love the colors you used.

:clap:

~CJ~

dk_art
03-29-2002, 02:20 AM
Thanks all .... it was a fairly big painting for me and a little more work then usual as I made the stretchers ( I make all of mine) and had to attach them together (hopefully i never learn of anyone taking them apart in the future to frame separately ... if I do I will not be happy :evil: as they were niot designed to be balanced paintings separately)

I just put it in a gallery today

paintergirl
03-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Love the effect!!! The four seasons is very striking...Id hang that on my wall in a heartbeat!! Really like your style too dk_art , like how you work with color and integrate the 4 moods of the seasons into one...:D

perry31415
03-29-2002, 02:57 PM
This works. Nice job.

Tim

mansuri
03-29-2002, 03:01 PM
Hi dk_art. This is an amazing painting(s). I love the birds in each seaon. Kinda thought there maybe none in winter but a nice touch nonetheless. Exquisite color work. I love the smoothness of the transition. Only nitpick is winter (again) could have creeped up into fall with white or let a little red/green creep into winter. That said I enjoy this one a lot.

-Man

Caron
03-29-2002, 03:40 PM
A very unusual techique and they're great! I like how they flow together:) Very crisp and clean!!!

Linarty
03-31-2002, 09:33 AM
I love this work. The stylized forms are both rigid and fluid, contemporary and 'deco', the colors are intense yet blended into subtle harmony. Bravo

islandwoman
03-31-2002, 10:06 AM
Terrific! Everyone has already said it for me. Distinctive & unique.

gladysharon
03-31-2002, 11:55 AM
This is an impressive piece of work!

The brush strokes look smooth & perfect...
The composition of the painting too!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great work!