PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S ON YOUR EASEL Oct 15 - 21

Lady Carol
10-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi gang...
Post those unfinished acrylics here for comments and crits if you do not want to start your own thread. Any thoughts and advice, comments, etc, are always greatly appreciated.

dlwms
10-16-2006, 02:35 AM
Here is another attempt to paint more loosely. This painting is of cabin & barn in the ghost town of Whitney, Oregon. A number of years back they put metal roofs on the buildings and after 50 years or so of winter snow and summer heat theyíve turned a nice rust orange brown color. Iím not overly happy with the composition, I pretty much painted the buildings smack dab in the middle of the canvas. I did not start with a sketch on the canvas, jumped right into with the brush. Iíll have to work on that on future paintings. I think I will do a little work on the fence posts and maybe try to add some wire and call it done.

Islomane
10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2006/87334-Summer_Evening_at_Nanoose_Bay002.jpg

For those of you interested in seeing the completion of the painting I posted in progress last week, here is the part that was previously incomplete. Being a real bear for punishment, I have posted the entire painting in the Structured Critiques forum under the title "Summer Evening at Nanoose Bay". Depending on how I come out of that, there may be further changes. All suggestions welcomed as I have not varnished it yet. The original is brighter than this. I am finding it very difficult to photograph a painting this size without getting glare off my light source.

Peter

objectivistartist
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Beautiful......:D :thumbsup:

Robert

gnu
10-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Dan that's one cool building! nice pioneer feel...
Peter, love your painting too..I can tell you enjoyed painting it, only suggestion would be punch up some darks...however it's not a major...
Here's what is pretty much almost off the easel, jut finishing the edges...
Hokianga Harbour , 61 x 61cm...
knife and fingers...(the Toi Toi grass - (NZ Native, NOT a pampas! ) was with fan brush)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2006/7242-IMG_7506_Hokianga.jpg
all C&C welcome :)

aprilb
10-19-2006, 12:51 PM
I just actually set up a studio 3 weeks ago in my garage. I am desparately trying to restart doing art.... Let it be known that I have 4 kids, ages 4-14 at home and I also have a PT job!

This is an acrylic painting, I think it's about 8 X 10 inches. I am using a printout of a photo printed out on an inkjet printer as a reference. These flowers were growing in my front yard a few weeks ago... They sprouted up all by themselves.

I am having quite a bit of trouble with the leaves. In the photo, they were a brighter green, but I didn't want to detract from the sunflower part. Any advice?! i would also eventually like to add more texture to the painting. There is a little there, but it's hard to see in the photo of the painting.