PDA

View Full Version : X Post from Drawing and Sketching-Wreath

Andun
10-15-2006, 04:53 AM
:wave: Hi Acrylic lovers. I have been working on this wreath for a while.It is a combination of Canadian and Japanese maple leaves tied up with twigs and a ribbon and a few gourds to dress it up,How do you like it so far??
Tony

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2006/84252-VFSH0072.JPG

Southafricannovice
10-15-2006, 06:24 AM
It's beautiful, very vibrant! The colors work a dream.:thumbsup:

tumteetum
10-15-2006, 06:36 AM
I like it - you're capturing all those autumnal colours. Great stuff.

Andun
10-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi Stephan and Rachel,
So glad to hear that you like it.It certainly adds color to my room.
Tony

Charlie's Mum
10-15-2006, 08:35 AM
It's lovely Anthony - very seasonal and lovely colour (is it on a pink bk/ground?)

I think if you just increase the shadow tones in the centro of the wreath, you'll achieve more depth and 3D.

Nice of you to come to the forum - bring more! :D

Lady Carol
10-15-2006, 11:50 AM
It is very autumnal. I have to agree that it would benefit from a few more shadows. But it is well on the way to being another successful painting.

dreamz
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I like it.... ALOT

valchina612
10-16-2006, 06:15 AM
I like this very much -- lovely and bright and gives a very happy feeling. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Andun
10-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Hi Maureen,Carol,Doc and Val,
Thank you all so very much.It is very kind of you to say so.I will work of the shading a bit more for the 3d effect.Thanks for the idea.Thanks again everyone!!!!
Tony

Andun
10-16-2006, 06:27 AM
OOOOPs Sorry Maureen,
The background is kind of purply pink.Does it suit the wreath?
Tony

dreamz
10-16-2006, 07:31 PM
the BG color works well IMO, a little darker in the center and tucked under the right side would really make it come alive

gingery
10-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Lovely wreath!:thumbsup: Very nice work.:clap:
ginger

Andun
10-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Hi Gingery:wave: Thank you.I am glad that so many folks like the wreath.
Hi Doc:wave: Ok,I will follow your advice about the center and shadows and post again asap.:thumbsup: :lol:

ponting
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi Tony

This is great and what a wonderful idea to mesh the leaves from the two countries most important in your life at present. This is the kind of thing that if kept on your wall will bring you happy memories for years. There are certain paintings that are just meant to be keepers and this seems to be one.

Cheers, Dianna :thumbsup:

Andun
10-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Diana,
That is very kind of you to say so.It is already framed and hanging in my kitchen.Do you have many keepers yourself?
Tony

ponting
10-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Most of the ones with my Granddaughter in them are still gracing either my walls or my Daughter's. Their pretty hard to part with. I have a few regular paintings that I like more than others and they hang around until I've done something new and more exciting then they can go. What I really hate is to do one I love and have it in a frame and out of the door right away without getting time to sit, sip and pat myself on the back. Those are the ones that inevitably sell right away and I am forever bereaved at their passing. :lol:

Cheers, Dianna :D

objectivistartist
10-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Interestingly enough, that viewpoint, tho common, is almost foreign to me - and some times wonder if am the only one who hold that the rendering, once finished, is done, to 'leave the nest' as it were, to 'face the world', while my attention turns to another, and another, and another, and......

Robert

ponting
10-27-2006, 08:59 PM
No you're not alone Robert. I know several prominent artists who's attitude is simply that it doesn't make them any money sitting on the wall. No attachments whatsoever. Wifes... kids...anything is fair game. :lol: It's only a special few that I feel this way about and as I say....if I had time to say goodbye it would be no problem. :lol: My 50's painting in this forum is going to be one of those. If things go well it will be ready on the morning of and will arrive on opening day and I'll never see it again. :( *sigh*

Cheers, Dianna :cat:

Andun
10-29-2006, 04:13 AM
So far I don't have to mourn the loss of any of my works:crying: They,like some peoples children,are still here gracing the walls of my home.:heart: Maybe others would like them but I don't know how to show them off here in Japan.I asked people and they said I must rent a space(extremely expensive in Japan) and show them.I don't think I would recover my costs:o