PDA

View Full Version : She starts some storms

edart
10-13-2006, 06:41 PM
This is an image i've been working on for a while painted in photoshop using a lot of different layers.
Not quite finished yet but getting a lot closer :wink2:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2006/91962-lean3.jpg

LadyAlba
10-13-2006, 11:09 PM
This is really turning out good! I have to say I never would have thought of the lightening in the picture. :thumbsup:

jhercilia
10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Very good. What does the lighting mean?

madster
10-14-2006, 12:49 PM
This is an interesting work, but you have some severe anatomical issues that you should address and correct before you put more effort into the "atmosphere" of the work.
The positioning and shadow value on the extended "lightning" arm" are a bit wonky. For the shadow the way you have it, her elbow is up against the wall, not extended.
Her left arm is too short.
Her left leg is too short and withered, while the right leg is too thin.
Her face is too small and too far back on her head, and the contrast is so low, her hair is more like a hoodie.
Your Light Source needs attention. If it's that lamp on the right, there's no way that gal is gonna be illuminated on her side at that strength. At present, she's got a kleig lamp shining on her from just inside the doorway, which isn't yet illuminated within the frame enough.
Your sky also needs to be "tightened up," as regards the light source. Sunset? Sunrise? Where IS the sun in that sky?

This isn't meant to rag on you or your work, just to point out some things you may not be seeing, which will affect your final output.

~M

Yako
10-14-2006, 01:26 PM
It-s looking great! i like the dramatic colors you used to paint your subject