PDA

View Full Version : Questions! I have an appt to meet with

Ghanima_Atreides
10-13-2006, 10:12 AM
the asst. dir. of admissions for an art school on monday...I have been trying to think up questions to ask but thisi s all so new to me I'm clueless.

can someone suggest some general questions that i should definitely ask?

dreamweaverarts
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I think one of the important things to ask, is what kind of work are the professors doing? Does that fit with your style? Are the professors still active in the art field? I think that those are applicable because these are the people you are going to be getting your training from. Don't be afraid to ask to see their work or other students work at the school. I think a very applicable thing to ask also is what kind of resources do they have for helping you to find work after school. I think you would be amazed at how many schools offering art degrees don't have any kind of class to help you prepare for life after school. They need to have information on how to generate clients, how to approach them, how to approach galleries, how to write up contracts, how to work with copyrights, etc. What good is being able to draw or paint, if you don't have the skills to market yourself after? One of the things I have done is ask to sit in on a class or two and see how the approach is. These are some general ideas, but in my opinion these are some major questions to ask. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.