PDA

View Full Version : Quick NiteCap

Slruc
10-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Just before bedtime I felt the urge and banged out this little study.

I'm not a big food painter but the colour and shape of these guys intrigued me in the grocery store last week and I decided I best do somthing with them before they go bad.

Goodness knows I wont eat them.... :p

It's 5x7 and I spent about 35-45 minutes on it.

I am thinking about doing something a little bit more elaborate in a day or so, perhaps an avacato?

Thanks for peeking.

C&C always welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2006/88044-Eggplants.jpg

dreamz
10-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Yea I dont like eating eggplant either...

you have to love a quickie...always so relaxing..:lol:

I really like the cloth with all its wrinkles

Southafricannovice
10-12-2006, 01:50 AM
This is absolutely beautiful for only 45 minutes of painting! I personally won't eat them just for fun either but a friend of mine once fried it in a pan with some nice spices and breadcrumbs or something I think:confused: and that turned out quite delicious. Well done!:clap:

cookiem
10-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I am not much of a fan either - My Mum used to do some weird concoction of minced beef and blerghness, stuffed into the middle of them, and then stuck in the oven long enough to make the eggplant go soft. Just a whole bunch of bland and blerk put on the plate.... :eek:

But these on the other hand are delicious looking!! You have captured the beautiful colour perfectly, and for a quickie :wink2:, they are wonderful.

You should be able to have a great rest now :D

Cath

Slruc
10-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Who knew eggplants were so unpopular.?! :lol:
Thanks all for your comments.

Its funny becasue even as I lay to sleep and hour past my bedtime ;), I still kept thinking of paintings I wanted to start.

Oh the mind is a funny thing once it gets going.

stevenbg
10-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi Sharon.
I really like this.
But then again, I really like eggplant!:lol:
You've really nailed the color, and I like the way you set them against the white cloth.
These quick studies have a certain charm that often gets lost as we try to "improve" or refine a painting.
Good job !! :thumbsup:

idcrisis55
10-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I really like how you painted the eggplant with the beautiful light and shine on them. The backgrounds works so well to make the eggplant stand out. Nice job.

Ann

Kerch
10-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Nice painting. I like the colours, and how you've captured the shiny skin perfectly. Good work!

Lady Carol
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Eggplant is pretty disgusting and ranks up there with peas.

Wonderfully loose. You did a bang-up job. :D

Charlie's Mum
10-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, peas are Ok y'know! ;)

Aubergines are best for their colour - and it's beautiful here .... lovely sheen to the skin too .... so they are good for something!

Avocados? Yes - pretty nice any which way!
(See Steve's painting of them too [Stevebg] :D)

Lady Carol
10-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, peas are Ok y'know! ;)

You've got to be kidding me....?

Peas are poison