PDA

View Full Version : Whyfish

Faded
03-26-2002, 09:19 PM
I think I have the sizing problem solved. This piece is 11x14 on canvas. I wanted the ocean to look turbulent, wonder if that comes across here...Any and all comments welcomed, I am learning as I go...Thanks -Faded

Starsprite
03-26-2002, 10:07 PM
:clap: Hi Faded! I really like this painting! Yes the ocean waves do have a turbulent look to them..I like the colors you used and the frothy whiteness on the waves. I like the deep blue shading in the background too.. Cool ying-yang look of the fish too!! Keep up the good work...I hope to see more!!!

paintergirl
03-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Love the ying and yang symbolism... Great background...like the frothy look to it!

james.bishop
03-28-2002, 07:43 AM
The confrontation of styles here, betweeen the black-and-white hard shapes of the fishy-yin-yan and the softly-coloured fuzzy forms of the ocean, creates quite a contrast. But somehow the whole manages to maintain a sense of unity. Maybe it's the presence of white in both the yin-yan and the ocean foam, or maybe it's the similarity of shapes between the yin-yan and the waves. Whatever, it's very nice to look at! Well done!

-James