PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop FilterFun - CrossHatch

madster
10-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Although often overused, the basic filters in Photoshop can give you some great effects, and if you push them a bit, they don't resemble the basic effect very much...

The Crosshatch filter, under Brush Strokes, must have at least two different colors or values to work with. It then creates linework at 90 degree anges across the image.
You can control the Stroke length from 3-50 px, the Sharpness, or stroke definition, from 0-20 px, and the Strength, which creates an embossing effect, from 1-3

Here is my latest dabbling. It was a gradient created with LAB noise, applied on the diagonal, with the Crosshatch filter then applied, and the colors tweaked a bit with Image>Adjustments>Hue and Saturation. I like the woven texture effect it created.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2006/11834-Gradient_Noise_CrossHatch.jpg

If you have any CrossHatch experiments you'd like to share, please feel free to add them to this thread!

~M

Skinny
10-10-2006, 09:09 AM
WOW....this is the best texture effect I've seen! Thanks for the mini-tute, Madster.