PDA

View Full Version : How to get 2nd ebay id

louise279
03-26-2002, 12:40 PM
Hi,
I have a load of 'junk' - from a HUGE clear out, want to list it on ebay, how do i get a second id ( i know that some people have two) - i dont want to muddle it all up with my art auctions!

Should i go through the registration process again?

Thanks
Louise

kjsspot
03-26-2002, 01:28 PM
I made a separate ID for my Mom's artwork. I went through the registration again and had to use a different email address. However, for PayPal I was able to list several email addresses with the same account. So, no matter which email address they send it to, it'll go into the same PayPal account.

I also made sure to cross link on all my auctions. LoL Hey! Any exposure is good! =)

The bad side of this is that I cannot do a feature plus auction until she hits a FB rate of 10 and has been on ebay for ... i forget, 30, 60 days? Plus I could not even use the BIN feature unless I paid $5 for her ID to be ID Verified. It was kind of a pain. Sure would be great if Ebay would allow people to have 2 or 3 different ID's.

timelady
03-27-2002, 04:45 AM
I just ebay my "junk" on the same ID - while the art one looks professional for the art I don't think anyone cares what my ID is for my computer and books bits. And all my feedback goes to one ID that way! :) (I buy on that ID too).

But yes, I think a second email is all you need.

Tina.

CarlyHardy
03-27-2002, 11:59 AM
I sell other items besides my art occasionally and I purchase a lot of stuff....using my same ID.

I don't think buyers looking for my art really care that I sell a handmade doll every now and then.
carly