PDA

View Full Version : Another painting sold

acrylicslatehead
10-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi guys, long time since I was here last. What with preparing for the summer fete, and then extended babysitting duties and finaly our own holidays I just have not had the time. Havent picked up a paintbrush for 8 weeks and am finding it hard to get motivated again.Anyway, I sold my favourite one. It hurt to let it go. But thats life.
Here it is again.

Bertoni
10-05-2006, 07:31 AM
John:
I can see why it hurt to let this one go!! It sings!:music:
Congratulations on the sale! I'm sure you'll be painting more great ones!!

acrylicslatehead
10-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks Bertoni

Southafricannovice
10-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Love the colors-the water in the front is especially nice. Good work and I hope you get your motivation back soon!

dreamz
10-05-2006, 04:53 PM
:clap: congrats on the sale!!! its almost like marrying off a child isnt it! you want to check references, make sure it will have a good home and be displayed correctly, maybe contract for visiting rights...:lol: :lol:

Ive been in a bit of a slump as well... not 4 the first time so Im sure it will pass

3chaway9
10-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Well done David....congrats. on the sale.....:thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

chammi kaiser
10-05-2006, 06:39 PM
David. Congrats on the sale. Lucky buyer. I know exactly how you feel. Like parting with a child that you have nurtured. Chammi

gingery
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Congrats on the sale! :clap: It's difficult to part with a favorite, but it could lead to more sales, so it could open doors for you.:thumbsup: I hope you can get back to painting soon. Sometimes just going into your studio & start putting some paint to canvas or paper, no matter the outcome helps. You can always paint over it, if it's not to your liking later.;)
ginger

tubbekans
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Congrats John! I can see why it sold, it's a very nice painting. Just think of all the new paints you can buy now! Shoot, and if its a favorite, you can always paint it again too. Or another version perhaps. Way to go! :thumbsup:

Margaret 59
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Well done John! I know what you mean even though I haven't sold one - I have given a good few away as presents and think the feeling is the same.
Inspiration will come back.

Kerch
10-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Nice painting. I really like how you painted the water in the foreground. The reflections are very good, and the colour contrasts with the rest of the painting.

Fingerpaint
10-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Did you get a decent price for it or did you "give it away" as my husband would say? :)