PDA

View Full Version : New Paints/New Painting

PaintedColors
10-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Finally decided to try my new paints out. It looks a little better out of photo. What do you all think? All C&C welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2006/89560-woods.jpg

DorothyC
10-05-2006, 07:45 AM
A really intriguing piece I'd love to see a larger pic of this but I know that's not possible. Really like it. :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Southafricannovice
10-05-2006, 09:18 AM
I especially like the bit in the middle where the sun breaks through the tree canopy. What's in the middle of the woods, a house/shed?

dreamz
10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
an intriquing use of color and I like the depth you've given it, very nice

Charlie's Mum
10-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Nice use of colour - and I like the 'under-surface' texture :D

SuzySue
10-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I like the tunnel feeling.

So, did you like the new paints and what type are they?

gingery
10-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I like the feeling of intrigue this piece has & the luminous feeling under the tree canopy.:thumbsup: Now we want to know what the paints are that you used.
ginger

mousie5
10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Love your paintings. Purple is my favorite color.
mousie5

mousie5
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Like your assitant. LOL

PaintedColors
10-05-2006, 11:25 PM
DorothyC- I am glad that you like the painting. Thank you.

Southafricannovice- I first tried to put a bench in the middle of the woods, I just couldn't get it right, it is supposed to be a tree stump, but now I am thinking about changing it to a shed. Thanks for your comments.

SuzySue- Yes I like the new paints, it is the first time I have ever used this type. They are Daler-Rowney Acrylic Paints. I had been using craft acrylic paints, so the texture is totaly different.

Like your assitant. LOL

I am not sure what this means?

Thank you all for your comments. I am still trying to figure out the message board, sorry for so many replies. What is the best way to reply to more than one person?

Nice use of colour - and I like the 'under-surface' texture :D
I originally tried to paint a corner, like if you were to look in the corner of a room, I could not get the angles right or something, so I painted over it, I really did not know how to make the surface of the board smooth again.

DorothyC
10-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Because of the size of the photo I was sure it was a person standing at the end of the path looking down to the right. I can see a head and upper body. It's a shame we can't see it any bigger.I think it's the lighting that really attracts me to your piece.