PDA

View Full Version : Two of my latest.....

tvandeb
10-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone!:wave:
Hope you all are fine. Here is 2 of my latest acrylics. Both are done on
canvas board. The first is called "The Lonely Fisherman". The second one I had done this in an earier post, and redid it on another canvas board.
Hopefully this one has a better feel to it. I am still learning and practicing.
So again, any pointers or c/c are always welcome! Thanks.
Take care...

sir_real
10-04-2006, 01:32 AM
How thick do you paint? (Pics never do that sorta thing justice) I love the subject, colours, and composition. Maybe something to think about (totally my idea so I could be way off in this) and depending on how you want to take your painting/style, but the lucisciousness of it all just wants me to see it in all its goopy, thick, painterly wonderfulness.

Southafricannovice
10-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Hi Tammy, my favorite is the lighthouse one. Just something (don't know whether it was intended?), especially on the first painting: the cloud looks bit awkward. As I said , don't know if it was intentional but I think a "bank" of smaller clouds would have worked better to depict a brooding storm or a few scattered clouds spaced across the sky. One more thing, the house seems a bit out of perspective- omg listen to me, it's like the blind leading the ..... sorry could not remember how that saying went.

Good luck and I love the colors, keep 'em coming.

valchina612
10-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I agree with Stephan -- keep 'em coming. :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

dreamz
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Practicing perspective is a basic foundation of any art as is pulling a straight line (even with a straight edge and triangle I still manage to be out of kilter)

I agree that the clouds would be better if they didn't fill the whole sky. Both paintings have nice composition and great use of color. We learn by doing and I look forward to seeing your progress.

tvandeb
10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all the helpful comments. Clouds are always a challange to me. Sketching and drawing are easy, but painting seems more difficult. I'll keep practicing. Thanks again. Take care....

fala
10-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I think the thing that is bothering some is more that patch of blue right on the edge of the sky. If you continued with your cloud effect right on off the edge it wouldn't be so distracting.