PDA

View Full Version : Checking out the Snow

valchina612
10-02-2006, 09:18 AM
This Painting is on Canvas Panel Board and measures 6"x4". The Image here is not terribly true to colour, as the greens in the foreground are a much clearer light green.

All C&C will be greatly appreciated.

Val. :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Oct-2006/38312-Acrylics_--_Snow_Scene_with_Man_in_Red_Jumper..jpg

idcrisis55
10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Val, this is a neat way to start the day, seeing your painting with the snow covered trees. Brrr, it looks frosty and the man having is morning walk looks great.

Ann

Southafricannovice
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Very well done, I like it!:thumbsup:

3chaway9
10-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Val....i like the grasses and the little paths nice one....it would make a personel Christmas card...what do you think?:thumbsup: :clap:

rmc
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Nice blues and shading in the snow, Val:thumbsup:
The shapes of the trees are developing nicely - I wonder whether you can tweak the contrast in the shadows to show the front branches a bit more - a definitive light source emphasised. I assume there was just soft light in the ref photo. My other thought is see if you can incoorporate some red in the barn to balance the figure.
You have done a lovely snow scene.:clap:

sir_real
10-03-2006, 01:57 AM
I like it. One question though, how thin/thick are u painting?

valchina612
10-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Ann -- Thanks so much -- appreciate your kind comments.

Stephan -- Thanks so much for your very kind comments, which are muchly appreciated.

Carrie -- Thanks so much. Yes, when I come to think of it, it would make a nice little Christmas Card. Unfortunately I already have my Christmas Card design for this year done and finished.

Ruth -- Thanks so much for your comments which I appreciate. I had terrible trouble getting a near-true Image of this painting. In real life the light source is fairly evident, and the trees show more green which just didn't want to show in this pic. I had awful trouble with the greens looking true in the whole thing with the scan. I will make the door a dull red, as I think that's a great idea. Thanks so much for your help.

sir_real -- Thanks so much for your much appreciated comments. The only texture on the painting is on the trees and that is very minimal.

Val. :wave: