PDA

View Full Version : Status of Hard Pastels from Great American?

MarieMeyer
09-30-2006, 07:32 PM
I remember reading last year that Great American would be coming out with a line of hard pastels. I haven't seen them anywhere, and there is no mention of them on their website. Anyone know anything?

pigmoid
10-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi Marie;

Here's the straight skinny from the horse's MOUTH: to make the hard pastels, we needed a new piece of equipment. We got the equipment, installed it, ran it and produced about 20 batches of hard pastels, none of which we wanted to release because of defects that we decided were unacceptable. The formula is not the problem; it's what came out of the machine. So, to make it come out right, we need 2 more machines. We're working on it. Hard pastels will make an appearance...

On the brighter side, the equipment we purchased for the hards, also works for the softs, and that's how the softs are being made today. A little over a year ago, our product went from round to square. That's the new equipment at work.

In the meantime, we're working on a new soft product. More about that later.

Color calls, Bob (Head Honcho) GAAW

PeggyB
10-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks Bob - Hope they are ready by next May and introduced in Albuquerque at the IAPS convention. If they are, they will fly off the wall/counter I'm certain! :)
Peggy