PDA

View Full Version : Show - the story of my life

scall0way
09-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I swear this happens to me all the time! :lol: I must have a poltergeist in my house. I have a place by my bed where I keep important papers I need to refer to. When I got the information about the Pastel Society of NJ art show coming up that was where I put the paper. When I decided to enter I took the paper, clipped out the entry form, and then put the paper back in its place.

Well it also had two other things that were to be clipped out and taped to the back of your painting. I forget what was supposed to be on them - your name, painting title, some other stuff like that. But at least I knew where the paper was.

Well this morning I was getting my picture framed, and so went to get the paper so I could fill out those last two pieces and tape them to my painting.

And .... you can see it coming, can't you .... the paper was gone! The entire form from the show is missing, with all the names, phone numbers, contact information, directions - and those two dumb put important little pieces of paper I have to tape to my painting. Every other piece of paper is there! All the stuff I expected to be there -stuff from my oil company, stuff from work, stuff from the Oratorio society. It's all there. Everything is there but the one thing I have to have - which I have not TOUCHED since I put it back in that place! Grrr, I'm going crazy. But I swear this ALWAYS happens to me. Things vanish all the time.

I am so bummed right now. I have looked everywhere. It's not only NOT in the place I put it last, but does not seem to be anywhere else either. :(

Piper Ballou
09-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Debbie...and I suppose the enter is due right away....I always put something in a place and I say- I am putting it here because I will remember where I put it...then I can't remember when I need it...

can you get another form? did you look under the bed?

meowmeow
09-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I do the same thing. Put things in a "safe" place. I just tried looking up Pastel Society of NJ and can't find anything helpful. If anyone has a recent copy of Pastel Journal there might be a listng in there. I am in Maine right now and looked but I only have some older issues here...way older.
Good luck!

Sandy

Bringer
09-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi,

Have you seen between the work and the foamcore ? :-)
Did you see behind furniture ?
Are you sure that you have put it back into its place or did you have to do something quickly and left it somewhere else ?
Was the cheese in your sandwich too thin ? i.e. you ate the paper instead of cheese ?
I do hope you can find it. Maybe you can get another paper or ask them to email you a facsimile ?

Kind regards,

Josť

scall0way
10-01-2006, 11:56 AM
LOL, I have looked EVERYWHERE and it has not turned up! All the info, contacts, etc were on that paper which was why I was guarding it like gold. More like fool's gold apparently!

However the Pastel Society of NJ is having a meeting this afternoon which I'm planning to attend, and hope I'll be able to get info there. :)

meowmeow
10-01-2006, 02:48 PM
WEll I hope you get the info you need Debbie. Then, after you take care of it and you are all set and don't need it anymore, you will find the stack of papers. I know all about it!

Sandy