PDA

View Full Version : "Scratchscape" at test

Bertoni
09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Just testing out a couple of homemade scratch tools on Ampersand Claybord Black 5x7. I took a big sharp sewing needle and wrapped some duck tape around the top. Found it great for making quantity dots fast. Also took some smaller needles glued them together etc...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Sep-2006/28168-scratchscape0001.jpg
Anyhow, this is a test I call a "Scratchscape"... C&C

Mary Woodul
09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow this is dynamic! I love it! As it is your style is unique but this extra special.:)

Obedec
09-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Everything you touch turns to gold. This is great.
Karen

Bertoni
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Mary:
Karen:
I appreciate those words a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!:)

gingery
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
It's great that you are making your own tools, because you know what you need.:thumbsup: Unfortunately, too many of us just sit around & whine because we can't find a tool, instead of making one, as you've done! Bravo!:clap:
ginger

Bertoni
09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Ginger:
I already have most of the tools one could buy...but I needed tools that could do different things...so made a couple that do well for the way I like to:) work!

Jakeally
09-29-2006, 03:48 AM
Wonderfully atmospheric ... I can feel the wind:clap: :clap:

Bertoni
09-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Chris:
Thanks! This one started out as an experiment, but I find it works on yet another level for me.:)

Diana Lee
09-29-2006, 01:08 PM
I really like the dream-like quality of this piece.

I, too, make my own tools. If you remove the eraser (intact) from a #2 yellow pencil and put in a small wad of fine steel wool it makes a great tool for scratchboard. You just have to be careful of the edge of the metal that held the eraser as the steel wool wears down.

I also like your flower and bee scratchboard. What tools did you use for that? Maybe you could post that and share information. Or do you want to wait for our NEW Scratchboard Sub-Forum?

Diana

Bertoni
09-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Diana:
Glad you liked it!!!
Your yellow pencil idea sounds like it can work miracles!!!:thumbsup: WTG. I'll have to try it. The more tools that do the job the better!
For the "Flower and Bee" I used an Exacto knife with a#11 blade, a needle and an old sharpened dental tool. It's on an old piece of Canson Studio Grattage Black scratchboard. One thing I discovered that works really well is a plain old pushpin. It stays pretty sharp and makes great lines on black scratchboard.

Bertoni
10-02-2006, 05:28 PM
"Scratchscape" was recently sold!! Am in the midst of framing it properly.
It's going to a collector who owns many of my paintings.:)

valchina612
10-15-2006, 06:04 AM
Wow Bertoni, you really are the master of scratch. This is absolutely wonderful -- you have such fantastic imagination for this type of medium. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Bertoni
10-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks Val...I wish I was truly a "Master" at it like many of the folks on this forum. I'm learning!!!:)