PDA

View Full Version : Messing about in boats

Bertnz
09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Finished this one today (?is a painting ever finished?) 500 x 400 - from photos I took of kids attending a sailing course organised by a local Rotary Club in association with the Yacht Club.
Comments welcome - will not be able to change anything in this one but advice can be used for future efforts.
Bertnz.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Sep-2006/41714-Rotorary_Boats.JPG

amaze_1101
09-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi Bert and welcome to the forum.
Nice sunny painting with lots of life to it. I like the story the little sailors are telling. I also like the blue of the water but I'm wondering if it wouldn't in fact change colour as it gets towards the shallows. The buildings in the background look a little askew also. Just thoughts for the next one.

dreamz
09-27-2006, 12:24 AM
fantastic foreground! I learned to sail in a similar small boat.

I agree that the long building looks askew but then so does that section of shoreline, it looks like its running uphill, kind of throws off the balance

Bertnz
09-27-2006, 12:36 AM
thanks for the prompt response - the picture looks akew because of my poor camera technique!! I was holding the camera crooked - in the actual painting everything is on the level !!!
Bert.