PDA

View Full Version : Art Schools in British Columbia area

sagekitten85
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about moving to the Vancouver area of Canada in a few years. My decision is going to be partly based on whether I would want to finish my degree there. Does anyone have any opinions about the schools in that area? I know the major art school is Emily Carr, however I'm also interested in just doing a Fine Arts major at one of the public colleges. I can get all the pamphlets and info from the schools themselves - what I want is personal opinions from real live people!

Thanks!
Emily

blackhills
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
I am originally from Vancouver, Canada, Emily and Emily Carr is a very good school. I can't say more about it! Definately consider it should you be moving to the area! Good luch, you sound like you have many adventure ahead of you!

bliss
10-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I am originally from Vancouver, Canada, Emily and Emily Carr is a very good school.

Really, what others are there?

jennakate
11-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Why Vancouver, specifically?

I go to an awesome art school in Calgary... the Alberta College of Art and Design! (Ok, that might have been a little over enthusiastic... but I really do love it...)

Jen

Café LoLa
01-31-2007, 06:14 PM
ECIAD is pretty well recognized, but UBC has a fine arts program, as well as Kwantlen Unversity College. I think Capilano College in North Vancouver has a program, but not sure.

Good luck!