PDA

View Full Version : scratchboard Harley...WIP

Rodman
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
here's a scratchboard that i have started...i have been posting my scratchboard work in Drawing and sketching..they mentiuoned that this forum was thinking about making a sub forum for scratchboard...maybe this is where i should have been posting???...anyway..the first pic is the photo i took..the second is the paper drawing i use to get the drawing to the board..the third is the drawing with everything lightly sketched ina nd a little done the forth pic is a close of of the area i have been working in..thanks for looking...Rod-Man

tanianault
09-25-2006, 07:02 PM
I've been sneaking peeks at your work for a while - I love the amazing detail and your ability to render metal in your works. And yes, WC! has agreed to a Scratchboard sub-forum - coming soon!! See you there...

- Tania

Mary Woodul
09-25-2006, 08:30 PM
This is looking very good and soon Bertoni, our guide who is a scratchboard artist also, will see this and comment. It is thanks to him, that we will get the sub-forum for Mixed Media.

Obedec
09-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Another Masterpiece from the Rodman! Looking Great!
Karen

Rodman
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
thanks to everyone for your kind words....Rod-Man

Bertoni
09-26-2006, 12:26 AM
The detail in the Harley and reflection in the metal is amazing! WOW!:clap:
Impressive work!:thumbsup: Can't wait to see how it progresses and/or the finish!

Jakeally
09-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Always a joy to see your work Rod-Man. This is going to be spectacular:clap: :clap:

gingery
09-26-2006, 02:48 PM
This is marvelous!:clap: I'm amazed at how real this looks!:thumbsup: You've done a supurb job!:cool:
ginger

Dave Slaughter
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Excellent. Thank you for posting it here.

Rodman
09-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks again to everyoen....here is some more done....I add the really hot spots late in the drawing....thnaks for looking... Rod-Man

Jakeally
09-28-2006, 03:28 AM
Superb:clap: :clap:

Rodman
09-28-2006, 10:31 PM
here is a little more done..I can't seem to stop working on this thing..I'm having fun..and i found a cool little trick..i use those little fiberglass tools for this style and i found i can use sand paper to shappe the tool for different effects..like..i sand a chiseled edge on them for doing fine lines..very cool..i also am attaching a close up..thanks for looking..... Rod-Man

tanianault
09-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I love watching this piece as it's "constructed". I've never tried doing a scrathcobard of anything mechanical before - now I have this sudden urge to run around town with my camera!

- Tania

Rodman
09-29-2006, 06:37 PM
tanianault..thnaks.. ic checked out your web site...Wow (with a capital "WOW") very cool...I noticed your pricing..is that for prints? it looks toooooo cheap for the orig......I'm headed back to work on this thing...i cna't stay away form it....i have a bunch more done....rod-man

Rodman
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
here is some more and another close up..rod-man

MarciaJane
09-30-2006, 07:11 AM
Fantasic detail rod !! Amazing to see it all progressing ! :)

Hope you are keeping well. Hugs & xxxx's :)

tanianault
09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
tanianault..thnaks.. ic checked out your web site...Wow (with a capital "WOW") very cool...I noticed your pricing..is that for prints? it looks toooooo cheap for the orig......<snip>

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the site - I'm trying to carve a chuck of time out to upload new stuff and make "galleries" for the older stuff, hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon!

Nope, that's the pricing for the originals. (My husband really had to push me to get them that high.) So far my art has sold only regionally, and those are the prices the market will bear (barely). I'm trying to get into other, more lucrative markets, i.e. a gallery in Calgary, and if that happens I imagine my prices will rise accordingly; but until then...

- Tania

p.s. my husband describes me as "risk averse" if that helps you understand my thinking :)

Rodman
09-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Marcia Jane...Hello..and thanks so much..i'm guessing that yor still painting your brains out?
Tanianault....ever traded art with someone? I'm interested...I've done my living room in black and white art...and i'm always looking for something cool...it's just an idea....thnaks and i'm back to work..... Rod

Rodman
10-03-2006, 05:20 PM
here is some more done..it's about ready to start going over it with a fine tooth comb....wish me luck...thnaks for looking....Rod-Man

Diana Lee
10-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Your rendition of metal is wonderful. You have a way with textures. It looks like it was fun!

Diana

Mary Woodul
10-03-2006, 06:19 PM
This is so good it is hard to believe it has been done by scratching. Excellent work!

Bertoni
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Rod:
Awesome detail! WOW!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rodman
10-03-2006, 08:55 PM
thanks...I'll post it again when i get all the little things done...thanks for all your kind words..Rod-Man