PDA

View Full Version : FND comment thread won't let me in

sundiver
03-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Thank you to all who commented on my picture (maybe I'll post it so you'll know which one I'm talking about). That picture was the only one I could see completing in 2 hours, even with watercolor crayons, which help to speed things up.
I have to tell you of my frustration when trying to look at your drawings. I don't , for reasons I won't go into, have the permanent log-in feature. That's usually not a problem, just have to log in again if I post.
But when I was clicking on the thumbnails I had to log in over and over, even though the top of the page said I WAS logged in. Then when I did I couldn't use the back button to go back to the thumbnails. I had to go to Art Projects, log in AGAIN, find the FND project, etc. etc. I was determined to see everyone's drawings, but had a splitting headache when I finally did. Commenting on them produced the same problem, it would make me log in, then say "post wasn"t cached" and I'd have to type the comment again, maybe twice more. I gave up on that: hello, nice work everyone! I loved seeing it!
I love the Drawing Events; haven't missed one since I joined. I love seeing everyone else's work and the comments made on them, love the challenges, the time crunch, and the feedback. To whoever dreamed these up: BRAVO! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I agree with Caron. If the FND's are too cumbersome for the Drawing Forum, a separate forum is a good idea. It would certainly be one of the more active ones.
Just my 2 cents. I tried to post them to the comment thread with my drawing so you could connect the two, but it went into the Twilight Zone again.

AriadneArts
03-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Sundiver, I love this! The colors are sublime and the perspective is right on. I did comment on yours in the FND Discussion thread, but you may have missed it (There's almost 200!!! replies on that thread so far--that could overwhelm anyone!:rolleyes: )

I'm really happy you expressed your opinion about the comments problem in the new FND format. I expressed my opinion in that thread also and since then, many have put in their 2 cents, echoing what you, Caron and I have expressed. (Actually, another member and I were discussing the FND problem a couple of weeks ago and we each wrote Scott at that time suggesting we needed our own Forum.) On the bright side, though, there are always kinks to iron out, and I'm sure these will be. You can't know until you try, right? I'm seeing this first stage as NEW FND FORMAT 1.0. I'm sure unkinked version(s)1.2, 1.5, etc., will follow.

But lets keep those wheels squeaking so we'll be heard :D

Caron
03-24-2002, 08:50 PM
Now I KNOW I saw this one! This is what I 'intended' mine to look like...but it didnt. Can I cry now?? This turned out really nice. Makes me wanna be there..:D
Sorry to hear your delemma was even worse then what some of us experienced. Like Eileen said, all new things need ironing out(thats why we can get so many versions of Windows:) ) But it was a great start to improving what we had. In all honesty it was unfair to those members who did not participate in the draws and lost their hard work way in the back pages. Im glad to hear Eileen and her counterpart have already started discussions with Scott and I hope Scott doesnt take it that the improvements he did make were not worth it. I think they were. Im sure it will continue to improve as time goes....

dnip24
03-24-2002, 10:16 PM
looks amazing! Classic picture! Nice job! I love those colors!