PDA

View Full Version : Floribunda Pink Roses Pen/Ink & Watercolor

Ginette
03-24-2002, 01:45 AM
Floribunda 12 x 9" Pink Roses
I tried a new surface, Ambersand Clayboard.
This is the smooth kind.
I really love the way this one works with watercolor & ink. No paper buckling is a nice thing too. I sealed it with a UV filter sealant
I think I'll do more on this surface.
I have some textured surface boards as well.
Can't wait to try them as well.
Anyone else tried these and uses them regularly?

http://www.williambell.com/FloribundaM.jpg

DETAIL:
http://www.williambell.com/FloribundaD.jpg

Larger:
http://www.williambell.com/FloribundaL.jpg

Ginette

dolors
03-24-2002, 02:05 AM
This is really good Ginette, I have enjoyed the viewing. Fantastic colours and very well drawn. Contratulations.
I think I've never used the surfaces you said, please post the results.

artdude
03-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Very nice watercolor and ink Ginette :) Haven't tried that clayboard paper, but will have to try and get some :) The fact that there's no paper buckling is a good enough reason for me :D Thanks for posting, it's a wonderful painting!!

PS: Do you lay in your watercolor before you ink or the other way around??

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ginette
03-24-2002, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by artdude
[B]Very nice watercolor and ink Ginette :) Haven't tried that clayboard paper, but will have to try and get some :) The fact that there's no paper buckling is a good enough reason for me :D Thanks for posting, it's a wonderful painting!!

PS: Do you lay in your watercolor before you ink or the other way around??

I am planning on working in a larger format and the rigid surface is going to be great. I hate taping down paper, it still buckles anyway.

I do my ink lines first and then watercolor. Finally I do a few more ink lines where needed.

Ginette

Ginette
03-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dolors
This is really good Ginette, I have enjoyed the viewing. Fantastic colours and very well drawn. Contratulations.
I think I've never used the surfaces you said, please post the results.

Thanks Dolors...

this was done on the ambersand smooth clayboard.
My next one I will try the textured clayboard.

I'll post it when done.

Ginette

NorahT
03-25-2002, 09:56 AM
Lovely painting - I like the misty background and leaves. Looking forward to seeing you work on the textured board :)

RuthT
03-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Very beautiful Ginette. I like your 'free' style and the wonderful colours.

Welcome to WC.

AriadneArts
03-27-2002, 12:59 AM
Very, very nice, Ginette! I love the spontaneity of your ink lines and the colors are wonderful.

Thanks for the tip on the clayboard. I also hate stretching and taping paper. Am going to look for the clayboard.

Ginette
03-27-2002, 06:51 PM
AriadneArts,

this one was on smooth clayboard. The colors come out very vibrant just like they are on the palette.

I just did another one on textured claybard, it seems the colors come out more muted, but it works for certain subjects when that sort of feel is required or desired.

I love these clayboards now very much. I will still do work on paper as well. The boards are more expensive so there is a trade off.

----------------------

Thanks Norah & Ruth appreciate your comments as well.

Ginette