PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! I found the acrylics forum!

paintergirl
03-23-2002, 09:23 PM
WC is a massive site... (I still haven't made it around to all the forums yet.) Have been scanning through the images posted here, a beautiful array of work...

Im looking forward to posting some pics. Great work here everybody!!

kitaye
03-24-2002, 02:38 AM
Welcome to WC!

It's good to see fresh meat...err blood...err a face (sorry been watching vampire movies again).

gnu
03-24-2002, 03:21 AM
Hi many welcomes to this forum, it was the main one I started in, as acrylics are what set me painting/drawing again (only did this very amateurly) . I love going to all the different forums, surprised at what I learn, delighted at what I see... please post away :)

paintergirl
03-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the warm fuzzy welcome...;)

Thank you Gnu...Im slowly getting around to all the forums. Like alot of the members here , I wear a few hats in art but acrylics are by far my favorite medium.

My scanning skills are still not that great but will get some work posted here in the near future. Am hoping to improve on my style and techniques and could sure use the input from everyone here. My avatar is a cropped ( and cheeky) version of one of my paintings..;)

Thanks again for the welcome...:D

kiwicockatoo
03-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Well, you made it into the forum, but I'm still waiting to see some of your work - come on painter girl, the anticipation is killing me!:evil: :angel: :evil:

paintergirl
03-26-2002, 12:40 PM
Hi Kiwi!
Have a stack of stuff "in the works", most things scanned or photographed are older... I am attaching one of my favourites...did this 2 years back or so for a resident of Quebec City. I wish all of mine turned out this way LOL Because they certainly dont...LOL http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2002/chateauzoom.jpg

Caron
03-31-2002, 11:26 AM
This is excellent!! Thought the image was a photo you were showing us! A lot of detail and excellent use of perspective.:) Ive seen another that you did and your style is very clean and crisp..:D looking forward to more!!

paintergirl
03-31-2002, 12:07 PM
I love acrylics for their vivid clean color ... This painting was for a customer who lived in Quebec city. The first time I realized what she wanted me to paint I think I almost quit breathing...LOL (Then I counted the windows Id have to paint on the Chateau...242 by the way...LOL) It was a very large painting (18 x 24 if my memory is correct)...I had a great deal of difficulty taking a photo so I lost alot of detail and clarity to my poor photography skills...

When I zoomed the photo I cropped a couple inches of the painting off the right by accident, ...

Faded
03-31-2002, 12:22 PM
Welcome to WC Stainedglass. I really like this. I have visited Qubec City, and you caught this just right! I look forward to seeing more of your work:clap:

-Faded

Faded
03-31-2002, 12:24 PM
Oops, sorry Painter, got the name mixed up:confused:

Caron
03-31-2002, 12:26 PM
PG...242!!!......(drops to the floor) .lol....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

paintergirl
03-31-2002, 12:51 PM
Faded Shadow : I went by "stainedpaintergirl" till just a few days back, so you are probably remembering me by my old handle ...I asked to have "stained" dropped (too tedious for typing in at 7 AM pre-caffeine ...LOL) (and hated being called "stained..LOL)

Caron...seriously, I counted the windows LOL... I think I need a life...;)

Faded
03-31-2002, 12:55 PM
And here I was thinking old age was creeping up on me ;) Thanks for setting me straight Paintergirl:D :

paintergirl
03-31-2002, 01:10 PM
...Paintergirl tugs another pre-gray hair out of her head...LOL Your in good company here Faded Shadow...LOL

Faded...there is a chance we might be transferred to Quebec (St Jean area) and I am almost drooling at the possibilities for painting cityscapes/townscapes...I love the architecture there!!... (Julia looks down and realizes she really
was drooling and mops up sheepishly...LOL )

Faded
03-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Pre-gray?? Is that what I should be calling them?;) I am just glad they are still on my head!...lol You are right, the painting possibilities in Quebec are limitless. I think it is the most "old world" city in North America.

paintergirl
03-31-2002, 01:23 PM
( DO you think I would ever admit to owning a grey hair when there is so much henna rinse to be found on store shelves today? ...LOL);)