PDA

View Full Version : Orchid Delight

LisaArt
09-20-2006, 02:25 PM
HI Everyone, :wave: I finally finished another painting for my Funky Floral Collection which I will be exhibiting soon....Still a few more to do...
It took me over 40 hours to complete the painting and I happy it is finished.
Thought I would share my painting with you.

Orchid Delight, 40 x 50 cm. (the yellow background is a bit bright in this pic)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2006/40382-Orchid-FinBlog.jpg

and a smaller pic of it sitting on my wicker table in the hallway (colour more real here)
Think I might hang it there until the exhibition...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2006/40382-orchid-ontable.jpg

Thought I would include a picture of the series to date aswell....
As you can see I am very excited about this project of mine...LOL
http://www.lisalorenzpaintings.com/LatestGroup-web.jpg
Appreciate any comments you may have...Thanks so much for taking the time to view my work...:heart: :cat:

rmc
09-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Lisa, this is knock the socks off fantastic series - just love the riot of colour you have going on. Your backgrounds are interesting - do you mind sharing your technique for doing these? Congratulations. It will be a wow show

fala
09-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I love them!!!

LisaArt
09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
HI Ruth...Ah how sweet of you, I am so touched and thrilled by your comment...wow..i dont know what to say. The nicest thing I have heard in a long time....
I have done a wip here before on my daisies..but it was not viewed so much..I think it just got lost in the shuffle somehow..lol...
You can view my webpage and follow my wip section to see how I work...http://www.lisalorenzpaintings.com/worksinprogresswip.htm

For my backgrounds, I basically take a litte bit of the main colours from the objects in my painting and a hard brush...an older one..where the bristles are not too soft anymore and basically just scratch in fast little strokes for the highlights all over the canvas following the movement of the flowers, vase, leaves etc. (In this case, I used some of my violet mix, some white on top, some greens, some violet pinks, and if I went a bit too dark, I added some more of my yellow mix on top)...Hope this makes sense...LOL
Again thanks for your very kind words...I am all smiles over here!

LisaArt
09-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Fala, Oh we must have crossed post..
Nice to meet you and thanks so much for that..I so appreciate your comments. Nothing feels better when people look and enjoy your work...:)

3chaway9
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Lisa. :wave: ...wonderful collection :thumbsup: ...i remember them all...and enjoyed seeing them again....and the (cats):lol: ....this latest one is super too....:clap: :clap: :clap:

gurleygirl
09-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh WOW...I love these!!!
Tracey

so dort
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
:thumbsup: It's like Peter Max. It's SO cool! :cool: I love the colors, great flowers and vases. I'd sell them as a set. They'll make great commercial prints, t-shirts or something.:clap:

dreamz
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
This latest one is just POW socked in the eye boldly colored, totally fantaztic! the whole series is really great:thumbsup:

dlake
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM
It is sooooo cute. I do admire your ability to keep it consistent. I could never do that.

idcrisis55
09-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I so like your use of color. Seeing all the paintings together is just wonderful and enjoyed everyone of them.

Ann

valchina612
09-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Super, super work Lisa. It's going to be one FANTASTIC Exhibition. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Catkin
09-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Lisa
I love your funky florals - the colours are so vibrant, and I love the cats on your website
Sharon:cat:

idylbrush
09-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Bold, strong, funky, fun and quite a treat.

LisaArt
09-22-2006, 03:09 AM
HI Everyone, Thank you ALL so much for your fantastic comments! You have all made me one happy camper...:) I am so happy to have this wonderful forum to share all my art work. :heart: :wave:

Lulu
09-22-2006, 03:34 AM
BIG smile here! anyone viewing these can't help but be happy! I suspect your personality is just like your flowers, bright and vibrant!
This one is another in a wonderful series - what a fabulous exhibition it will be!

chammi kaiser
09-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Dear Lisa. What a wonderful , joyous , colourful series. They just zing with colour and life. Chammi.

LisaArt
09-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks so much Lulu and Chammi..Really appreciate yoru comments. I am very happy with my series and have really enjoyed painting them....I feel like I dont want to part with them..LOL...have a great day gals and happy painting :)

TxAggieDarlin
09-22-2006, 12:58 PM
wow, what HAPPY paintings. I like them all

LisaArt
09-25-2006, 06:03 AM
HI TxAggieDarlin....nice to meet you and thansk so much for your kind words :)

DorothyC
09-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Wow Lisa these flowers really knock my socks off! They are so vibrant and cheerful. I just love the way you see the world. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LisaArt
09-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi Dorothy...ah you are too sweet..Thanks so much for that..Very much appreciated :)

2boysnus
09-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Do you sell any of these? They are amazing...............

Jennifer

2boysnus
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Sorry for the double post, Computer died.....

Jennifer

LisaArt
09-27-2006, 04:28 AM
Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you! :) At the moment I am not selling them. I am building up my series for an exhibition and then I will sell them...hopefully :). I also will be making some prints or giclees of them for many people who want some for their home...So that is nice. I will find it hard to let them go, because I do love them all, but you cant keep everything..as my husband says..LOL. Thansks so much for your kind words

plec
09-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Lisa impossible to look at these painting and not smile, congratulations on really wonderful work.
Best wishes, Ken..

LisaArt
09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Ken, thanks so much for that..Very much appreciate yoru comments..have a nice painting days :)