PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!

garyphotopaul
09-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi all,

I am new to wetcanvas and extremely new to painting so appreciate your c&C's. Started painting about 18 months ago and have no training, no art classes or any idea what I am doing ( as is evident) but love the creative process. This is my latest piece.

acrylic on canvas,
Okanagan is 48" x 48" with Artist knife.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Sep-2006/89748-Vineyard_Okanaga.jpg

garyphotopaul
09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
I wish I could navigate the site better so I could put them up as thumbnails or more on one page. I am a neophyte and can't seem to figure this out.

Africa is 36" x 48" acrylic on canvas with artist knife
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Sep-2006/89748-Africa_in_blue.jpg

dreamz
09-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Use the yellow square in the reply/post toolline, you can add multipul pictures that way. Theres some interesting textures going on in this one

Charlie's Mum
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Hello Gary, and welcome to the forum.
I've merged your two threads together because of their titles.
You can load more than one image to a thread by using the Uploader - either the little picture icon or the Quick Links drop down menu > Image Uploader.
You an also load them as attachments - see the options below your text box when writing.
There's also a link in my signature about uploading images :D

I do like the textures and rhythms at work in your paintings :D

gingery
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
In the first painting you have some nice depth going on & a very nice landscape painting.:clap: I would have never known that you are relatively new to painting, had you not mentioned it!:cool: The painting of Africa is really interesting textures.:thumbsup: Nice work! I'm looking foward to seeing lots more of your paintings. Welcome to WetCanvas!
ginger :wave:

garyphotopaul
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the tips Maureen. Will take me a bit to learn to navigate. Where are my kids when I need them!
Thanks Ginger, pretty nerve wracking posting these but will put a couple more up.

gary